The Questioners
The Trolls
The Memers
The Realists
The Console Players for honourably taking the blame every 10 pages or so
The Undead
The Casuals
The CM who lasted approximately 40 minutes before switching to Twitter
The Goalpost Movers (we really owe you a big cheer or we'd still be around page 50)
The Cheaters (duplicate posts who really could have tried harder)
The Readers who got left behind as 2 more pages got added for every page read
The Outraged and the Under-raged
The Beta-Blockers
The Moderators who probably helped the most by not closing it at page 99 for maximum salt
Anybody else who dropped by with a comment to help it over the line. It was a group effort and you all played your part. Be proud of yourselves.

... and would like to thank good timing that I wasn't drinking / holding any liquid at the time of reading... I'm a little short of spare keyboards and only have a "Tenkeyless" put aside for emergencies.
Funny, I just got the keyboard on my Eee PC working again (had a "stuck" escape key due to a short between two tracks on the membrane).

I brought the topic of outdated test builds up in this forum, and people assured me there was nothing to worry about. I was told that FDev conducted multiple weeks of internal testing on the trunk branch to make sure no critical bugs would find their way into the release.

I really don't understand why FDEV asked us to "test" and an outdated build...

This thread would like to thank the following people for its great success:

The pre-refunders
The pre-Doomsters
The Know-it-alls
The Chancers
The Questioners
The Trolls
The Memers
The Realists
The Console Players for honourably taking the blame every 10 pages or so
The Undead
The Casuals
The CM who lasted approximately 40 minutes before switching to Twitter
The Goalpost Movers (we really owe you a big cheer or we'd still be around page 50)
The Cheaters (duplicate posts who really could have tried harder)
The Readers who got left behind as 2 more pages got added for every page read
The Outraged and the Under-raged
The Beta-Blockers
The Moderators who probably helped the most by not closing it at page 99 for maximum salt
Anybody else who dropped by with a comment to help it over the line. It was a group effort and you all played your part. Be proud of yourselves.
you missed out the people plugged into Cerebro with the ability to speak for the "silent majority"

speaking of which I'm looking forward to meeting the silent majority on tenuous atmospheric worlds where we will finally be able to hear them.

speaking of which I'm looking forward to meeting the silent majority on tenuous atmospheric worlds where we will finally be able to hear them.

I got the impression most of the silent were against Odyssey for some reason, dunno for sure though as they were silent, so you wont see them until Autumn and even then they may stay silent so wont be able to hear them. Luckily for us we have the interpreters who speak for them and represent them.

I really don't understand why FDEV asked us to "test" and an outdated build...
  • You have to do work and make adjustments to the build and make it usable for the general public whilst also allowing it to collect the required test data in the required manner (limited functions, limited galaxy, multiple phases, so on)
  • The above takes much, much longer than 10 minutes.
  • The primary objectives were to test stuff that requires thousands of people playing to actually test meaningfully, player feedback on other stuff is secondary to that.

Thank you for the update,

I have a question regarding Fleet Carriers:

Will FC locations be updated and accessible on all platforms (Odyssey included), regardless if the Carrier Owners are playing in PC Odyssey or Horizons?

o7
FCs like all other space stations are accessible* on all platforms and all play modes all the time whether the owner is playing or not.

*Actual accessibility dependent on landing permissions settings for the FC.

Last edited:
you missed out the people plugged into Cerebro with the ability to speak for the "silent majority"

Mrs Silent Majority of Margate would like everyone to know she does not play "Elite Dangerous" or other such frivolous forms of "entertainment".

Back
Top Bottom