Horizons / Odyssey Compatibility

This thread would be an idea stuffz swapping place. Kinda like a ...

1621080909299.png

Doubtful. I have been on a break almost 2 years now, hoping Fdev would made the Odyssey dynamic with non-Odyssey owners. But as thats not the case, this is not for me then.
Not to mention they forgot about walking in and out of ships and ship interiors which would have been quite crucial aspect of space legs, dont you think..?
A minor delay between merging the 2 versions is not exactly never...
As for walking in and out of ships - personally, it never bothered me, others may have a different opinion, naturally.

Never mind, not playing for 2 years is a pretty clear indication that the 'magic' was gone from the game.

Doubtful. I have been on a break almost 2 years now, hoping Fdev would made the Odyssey dynamic with non-Odyssey owners. But as thats not the case, this is not for me then.
Not to mention they forgot about walking in and out of ships and ship interiors which would have been quite crucial aspect of space legs, dont you think..?

Eh?

So can´t wait couple months to get Horizon and Odyssey matching again?

And you would rather take small same about 40 interiors, rather than thousands of outposts, stations and ground settlements with different view from their windows to walk around?

that walking to a door taking even more time that much of an improvement? Besides, you can HEAR your char walking out of the ship through stairs or a ladder into the ship hangars, why need to see it?

that walking to a door taking even more time that much of an improvement? Besides, you can HEAR your char walking out of the ship through stairs or a ladder into the ship hangars, why need to see it?

Lol, you cant come up with an argument worse than that. :D

Obviously i want more from space legs but theres always the group who settles for less.

It's interesting that because yeah, I guess but then again I thought about the SRV in Horizons and it's not something I ever missed .. walking to the chair, strapping yourself in .. I'm always thinking about the mission or the geological feature ahead or whatever. A cutscene animation for OTHER players to see, yeah I get it .. but for myself pretty much dismissed this right away in favour of something interesting to do aboard, if or when we ever get the interior model. I enjoy Horizons still though, so there's that too. Probably as a result .. because I drink the content in fairly steadily. Plenty of time and only 3,999,997,000 systems to go.

Obviously i want more from space legs but theres always the group who settles for less.
Of course you want more than we have, it doesn't change things though, we have whatever the game gives us. Is that 'settling for less', or just being a realist?

Who knows what features might be added in the future? Assuming Odyssey makes its development costs there could be much more of "what I want" in the game.

I have to confess to being slightly concerned that you've not quit this quarter.
These days I'm both quit and unquit until observed. Likewise, I'm both happy* and unhappy with ED until observed.

Since you're observing me now, I'm both quit and happy with ED Horizons, which sounds like a paradox until you take into account the beautiful outdoor weather I'm having after a long and terrible winter.

* "Happy" might be too strong a word - perhaps "not unhappy" is a better descriptor.

Well there were some sarcasm, but it is fine for me now, as long as there is hope for more in the future.

Meanwhile I plan to enjoy exploring thousands of stations and planets with atmosphere and new graphics. It will still make a game much bigger and immerse than before.

Also my new i7-10700/3060Ti/16GB Acer Predator Orion will also help in it, along with maybe some other games when I need a pause from Elite :)

It would seem that the thinking of the silent majority is being stifled by the omnipresent fanboys of this forum. :ROFLMAO:

Nah, people will do what they want to do regardless. It's a bit unfair to dump on the devs though I think. Everyone knows for a fact (because livings depend) if there wasn't a pandemic, if they could or if the wind was coming from the South instead, Horizons would have been updated asap. Not having it instanced is pain for people but that doesn't make the Devs bad people .. or inept either.

Back
Top Bottom