Horizons / Odyssey Compatibility

Wouldn't the fact they are working from home and which is causing bottlenecks and obvious issues be a reason to argue FOR a delay? To take more time since they are working from home in a diminished capacity.
The full release is postponed till autumn. That's a delay in my book.

Source: https://twitter.com/rEliteDangerous/status/1393562935973359619?s=20

Edit: Omg : that's a fake ED reddit acct. Maybe the real account will tweet that it's a beta

Commencing countdown, Engines On 😂 😂 😂

faildlaunch.gif

Quite strange that some openly revel in the idea that the launch of Odyssey might be a failure just so they can say I told you so to some randos on the intertubes.

Well... I hope it soars high as smooth as possible

but, Remember the Cant Frontier: First Encounters

Strange I cant say I've seen people who regularly defend Frontier expect things to turn out differently. A few here have said they expect the launch will be a typical Frontier launch but don't consider that to be some world ending event.
Have you been reading the forums then? I've heard nothing but "It'll be different this time" and the dozens of magical reasons why it will be different or my favorite the "Nobody knows what Fdev has done and how it will play out." Granted, while I cannot see the future, I certainly can read the past and use that as a guide toward how this release will probably be conducted.

And it's just almost laughable if it wasn't so sad, that people seem to just want Fdev to keep doing what they've been doing, even though they KNOW it's sub par, then later will complain why things are sub par AND do so while expecting Fdev to operate in a vacuum as if world events don't affect them. It's truly amazing to see the mental gymnastics going on here in a cycle that just doesn't seem to ever end nor anyone want to seek to escape from. Especially since there IS a better way and Fdev is perfectly capable of it. And that is the thing, I wouldn't be taking the time to make the argument/discussion over it if I knew Fdev wasn't capable of it. I've met with a few these people, I've talked with a few these people (at various events), they are capable of being better than this. People need to demand that Fdev be better about this stuff, and if we need to trade time for quality then so be it. At this point, it's basically too late for Odyssey, and that is going to be a damn shame.

Someone replied to my previous post saying that since this is considered a partial release they consider it a delay. Well, I have to give them points for that. This means this "partial release" is basically an unannounced beta test for all intents and purposes and that is a shame. Instead of releasing a full and consistent experience, they are going to piecemeal it.

Have you been reading the forums then? I've heard nothing but "It'll be different this time" and the dozens of magical reasons why it will be different or my favorite the "Nobody knows what Fdev has done and how it will play out." Granted, while I cannot see the future, I certainly can read the past and use that as a guide toward how this release will probably be conducted.

And it's just almost laughable if it wasn't so sad, that people seem to just want Fdev to keep doing what they've been doing, even though they KNOW it's sub par, then later will complain why things are sub par AND do so while expecting Fdev to operate in a vacuum as if world events don't affect them. It's truly amazing to see the mental gymnastics going on here in a cycle that just doesn't seem to ever end nor anyone want to seek to escape from. Especially since there IS a better way and Fdev is perfectly capable of it. And that is the thing, I wouldn't be taking the time to make the argument/discussion over it if I knew Fdev wasn't capable of it. I've met with a few these people, I've talked with a few these people (at various events), they are capable of being better than this. People need to demand that Fdev be better about this stuff, and if we need to trade time for quality then so be it. At this point, it's basically too late for Odyssey, and that is going to be a damn shame.

Someone replied to my previous post saying that since this is considered a partial release they consider it a delay. Well, I have to give them points for that. This means this "partial release" is basically an unannounced beta test for all intents and purposes and that is a shame. Instead of releasing a full and consistent experience, they are going to piecemeal it.

uh huh

Quite strange that some openly revel in the idea that the launch of Odyssey might be a failure just so they can say I told you so to some randos on the intertubes.
Look at it this way...
Most of us posting here will be playing the Odyssey Release from launch.
It will have bugs.

Youtubers will be reviewing the Odyssey Release
The Computer Press will be reviewing the Odyssey Release
There will be players streaming the Odyssey Release on social media.

There will be a couple of posters here arguing with all of the above ;)

Look at it this way...
Most of us posting here will be playing the Odyssey Release from launch.
It will have bugs.

Youtubers will be reviewing the Odyssey Release
The Computer Press will be reviewing the Odyssey Release
There will be players streaming the Odyssey Release on social media.

There will be a couple of posters here arguing with all of the above ;)

I'll need to remember and stop by and say hello.

Granted, while I cannot see the future, I certainly can read the past and use that as a guide toward how this release will probably be conducted.
So, historically we are ovedue a global war, one will start Tuesday... (looking at past events, of course)
People need to demand that Fdev be better about this stuff
The most notice that would be taken by Frontier is if these 'demanding better' crowd, whoever they may be, withdrew their support, surely? Without finance coming in from ED Frontier have two choices, bin it, or see how they can improve it... Of course, being a business, bin it will take priority.
At this point, it's basically too late for Odyssey,
Gosh!

Edit: Spellign

Last edited:
Betas can't fail. Quite strange that some insist on calling this one a release just so they can call it a failed release if it has bugs.

Back
Top Bottom