Horizons / Odyssey Compatibility

They could have given themselves 12 more days without even breaking a sweat...
A single announcement on LSE with a revised date outside of their fiscal year would have permitted further delay.

Let's all wait until Wednesday night (in Europe) and see what the download brings, it may be more interesting.
That means Thursday morning for me, being in Australia. Does that mean I have to wait even longer for EDO? Asking for a friend.

VVTIC by the way.....

Um, no Horizons IS receiving an update, hell the whole Cobra engine is receiving an update, Horizons owners are getting updated planetary tech on the airless planets and whatever fixes and possibilities the engine update brings. I don't know who told you Horizons wasn't getting updated but they are wrong.
Getting back to this. Horizons is not getting an update now, which is the subject at hand. We’ll find out when the update arrives “later.”

That means Thursday morning for me, being in Australia. Does that mean I have to wait even longer for EDO? Asking for a friend.

VVTIC by the way.....
How many hours ahead of are you currently? 10 or 11?
If you are on the lower of the two, download could be done over breakfast (y)

How many hours ahead of are you currently? 10 or 11?
If you are on the lower of the two, download could be done over breakfast (y)
Currently 10 hrs given I'm on the east coast and we're out of the summer daylight saving period. I suspect my download will be done before breakfast even, subject to any initial server wonkiness......

Is it cheesy quote time?

unnamed (1).jpg

you are new... you did not get through any ED release yet...
😂
Well, why worry about bugs in the first place with that attitude?

I played the alpha. It was stable enough for my purposes; they just needed to optimise and clean up the list of known issues, as those were the only ones I encountered (beyond a few random crashes at the beginning, and some random disconnect errors).

I played the alpha. It was stable enough for my purposes; they just needed to optimise and clean up the list of known issues, as those were the only ones I encountered (beyond a few random crashes at the beginning, and some random disconnect errors).
I was on and playing in time for 3.3 to arrive (the beta was amazing for me!) and given that I was more than 22KLy from the bubble and 3.3 gave us quite a lot to feel good about, I don't remember any major issues affecting my trip back to the bubble - but my rose-coloured glasses may tint my memory as I was 'finding' so much stuff coming back that the trip took quite a while, so much time spent in the SRV.

There have been a couple of particularly bad updates, but they got the major stuff sorted very quickly. A mess was made, and still remains, when it comes to core mining, we don't know, in truth, if Odyssey addresses some of the bugs that were introduced there. Wait and see, I guess.

Just to know what you might encounter in the following weeks.
Enjoy :)

September update (2019, September18th) - one of the biggest initial scares, losing engineering on modules, including the stored ones, but there were a ton more including getting dropped from the game while mining or picking cargo, weird modules present in the ship and so on.
Still the people took it lightly (game servers inaccessible due to hotfix being applied, comment: this is the best start menu simulator ever 😂)

But yea, some of the bugs game breaking literally, while others were quite deadly - like priorities reset

September update known issues (2019, September 19th)
September Update, patch 1 (2019, September 23rd)
September Update, patch 2 (2019, October 1st)
September Update, patch 3 (2019, October 10th)

The above mentioned September Update lead to this open letter demanding bug fixes and better releases amongst other things:

Which eventually lead to FD Head of Communications getting personally involved and admitting some wrongdoings

And eventually we got not one, but TWO beta runs for Fleet Carriers that was released in June 2020 (and even that release got some major issues in part not related directly to carriers whatsoever 😂)

But the Circle is complete again with a major release with no Beta!

Just to know what you might encounter in the following weeks.
Enjoy :)

September update (2019, September18th) - one of the biggest initial scares, losing engineering on modules, including the stored ones, but there were a ton more including getting dropped from the game while mining or picking cargo, weird modules present in the ship and so on.
Still the people took it lightly (game servers inaccessible due to hotfix being applied, comment: this is the best start menu simulator ever 😂)

But yea, some of the bugs game breaking literally, while others were quite deadly - like priorities reset

September update known issues (2019, September 19th)
September Update, patch 1 (2019, September 23rd)
September Update, patch 2 (2019, October 1st)
September Update, patch 3 (2019, October 10th)

The above mentioned September Update lead to this open letter demanding bug fixes and better releases amongst other things:

Which eventually lead to FD Head of Communications getting personally involved and admitting some wrongdoings

And eventually we got not one, but TWO beta runs for Fleet Carriers that was released in June 2020 (and even that release got some major issues in part not related directly to carriers whatsoever 😂)

But the Circle is complete again with a major release with no Beta!
Ah the good old days of influenza open letters speaking for me without my consent.

The priorities reset bug only affected me once - on a newly purchased ship which was on the way to being engineered, it had 101% power use with HP deployed, and I had set cargo hatch off before shutting down for the night. Went out the following day, decided to scan some wakes... Ship shut down!

Since then every ship I build has enough overhead to remain fully functional - so you could say, that bug, for me, did a power of good! (even my LW explorer has just enough leeway for the AFMU to be switched on along with everything else!))

Ah the good old days of influenza open letters speaking for me without my consent.

They didnt had my consent either, but i did enjoyed first carrier beta on pc as a visitor (my pc account did not had enough credits for a carrier) and the second beta on XB as a carrier owner.

The priorities reset bug only affected me once - on a newly purchased ship which was on the way to being engineered, it had 101% power use with HP deployed, and I had set cargo hatch off before shutting down for the night. Went out the following day, decided to scan some wakes... Ship shut down!

Since then every ship I build has enough overhead to remain fully functional - so you could say, that bug, for me, did a power of good! (even my LW explorer has just enough leeway for the AFMU to be switched on along with everything else!))
A priorities reset cost me my first rebuy, several months into the game.

My CZ Corvette had it all the time untill they fixed it.
And dropping in a CZ deploying weapons and the entire ship shutting down was hilarious.
Unfortunately that meant that i had no shields, had to do a reboot to get them back to 50% and so on.

I did not lost any ships on this, but iirc some people did... guess for them it was not as hilarious 😂

Anyway, that episode with ship shutting down always reminded me of this little gem:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOIfXdIo2V4

Back
Top Bottom