Hostile Power explanation?

The only thing I actually know about being in Hostile Power territory is that I can be shot legally. But I'm doing the community goal today and it seems it is in Hostile Power territory. Does this mean I'm helping a Hostile Power to build their station? It doesn't really make sense.

So in general I can go and do missions for factions in Hostile Power territory as well or does this have repercussions from my Power's overlord?

The only thing I actually know about being in Hostile Power territory is that I can be shot legally. But I'm doing the community goal today and it seems it is in Hostile Power territory. Does this mean I'm helping a Hostile Power to build their station? It doesn't really make sense.

So in general I can go and do missions for factions in Hostile Power territory as well or does this have repercussions from my Power's overlord?

Ask your self why when we are supposedly helping a faction in the mid East, do the other's in the area insist on factions kill us. Hmmmm

Answer:
Because it means a change to the system, of which for numerious reasons quantified by an opposer is not the change they want. Considering there are more than 7.5 billion people in the world and without argument every one has "Inalienable Right" to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, there's gonna be conflict as to what is liberty and happiness.

I mean at one time in history, left handed people were mandated by the fear of death to do everything right handed. Not so anymore, there are other issues. When everyone has "Inalienable Rights" no one has rights, hence conflict.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I'm too dumb to understand what you mean. :S

Is there a storyline to this that I'm missing?

*shrug

But yeah, I don't do CGs so I have no horse or information in this race. But if you are roleplaying, then yeah... you would be helping a hostile power. I assume a CG is expanding the bubble, so that new territory could be a future place to control by your own power, so that might be some incentive. But I have no idea who has dibs first.

*shrug

But yeah, I don't do CGs so I have no horse or information in this race. But if you are roleplaying, then yeah... you would be helping a hostile power. I assume a CG is expanding the bubble, so that new territory could be a future place to control by your own power, so that might be some incentive. But I have no idea who has dibs first.

It's in the territory of the winning guy in Power Play. He get's dibs on everything. He even got the starting position of ED. No wonder we hate him so much. I should stop doing the CG but well, credits you know :D

As far as i have ascertained - (i am sure someone will come along and tell me i am wrong).

Once you plege to a Powerplay POWER, you become HOSTILE to other powers which they are openly HOSTILE to. Other than that not a lot more happens!
I regularly fly all over and through HOSTILE power systems with no attacks. The ONLY times i have been attacked by HOSTILE Powerplay ships (a special division of NPC), was when i was actively involved in undermining an exploited system for MY power.

IN terms of your standing with YOUR power if you work for a HOSTILE power, I am not sure there is a big change really...someone may want to clarify that... i've not noticed. I am cordial with Alliance,and by doing missions or trading for profit in Fed Sapce, I also ended up Cordial with Feds - so who knows!?

Top Bottom