Really, and this assumes there is anyone actually working on code there who isn't an unpaid intern.... So even tho Frontier has Never finished much of anything in Elite (check the feature box and move on, doesn't matter if it works), players/cmdrs have continued to support Frontier through ridiculously priced body kits, paint packs etc; knowing that the game has so much unfulfilled potential...

And Yet, another patch with clearly no testing, almost no thought and a pathetic level of non-communication from Frontier. Typical and frankly we are used to it, something in and of itself you should be ashamed of. The refrain on most platforms, be it reddit/discord et al: "Yea, well, that's Frontier for you." Along with the typical collection of ham fisted and untested add-ons there's fun stuff like the drag drives mod, and hey, let's half canopy integrity; for the lolz apparently as no other reason presents itself or is put out there. "What are they thinking? Are they?" Who knows. We sure don't. On top of doing Frontier's testing for them, we get to do your QnA for you with a convoluted bug reporting system that... wait for it... also doesn't work. Charming. What do we get from Frontier? Oh, the usual "....we are aware that some cmdrs have had some issues with blah blah blah."

No, not issues. You broke it. Again. Is your clearly poorly understood spaghetti mess heading for a total cascade collapse? Sure looks like it. Some the same bugs from yore, some that are new and exciting issues... really fond of the power priorities and cmdrs being able to do torps in stations... quality stuff there.

While I have long wished that the franchise would change hands to some slightly less inept group; perhaps one that might try and run/play the game or with a vague sense for what constitutes fun and interesting gameplay (yes, the scenery is lovely and the flight engine is a saving grace, but how long do you plan on riding those coat tails?) but that pipe dream is unlikely. How sad indeed that something like SC is tap-tap-tapping on your parlor door for functionality?

So, my suggestion, and possibly one that could induce some of your long suffering and largely disgusted player base to bother dusting off their accounts, if briefly. Get your faces out there on a stream and eat some of that crow we have been baking for you.

1) Apologize (profusely) for the mess you have made (a caveat to the over burdened support staff that have done exemplary work trying to placate players after another hot steaming 'update') and credit all accounts some body kits or paint jobs. Maybe a new paint skin of player creation or something whimsical and appropriate.... say a picture of spaghetti or something that looks like code vomit.

2) Beta test AND, most importantly, take heed. No, not the usual Frontier Simulated Beta where we all go through hoops and diligently report issues along with generally well thought out solutions... only to be ignored and have some ized heap of dung released anyway.. Looking at you Crime and Punishment.

Thanks Once again , and as always, Remember The Gnosis

(Not a rant incidentally, I'm a bit of a jerk, this is how I always come off)

They still havent fixed several glaring audio issues that prevent me from playing either and they keep throwing up their hands saying they cant reproduce it even when I have videos pointing out how its broken.
Even the multicannon audio was still broken in the last patch and im sure its still broken in this patch because theres nothing about them fixing it

The half canopy hp, im wondering how that affects your chance of survival if you drop out in a neutron jet. Would they really do that to explorers on top of everything else?

The half canopy hp, im wondering how that affects your chance of survival if you drop out in a neutron jet. Would they really do that to explorers on top of everything else?

I am still wondering if that is actually intended.
I just can't believe it. It must be a mistake, or a bug.

I am still wondering if that is actually intended.
I just can't believe it. It must be a mistake, or a bug.

I can't remember the last time I lost my canopy, maybe they looked at the metrics and decided it was time for a sensible balance pass.

Top Bottom