How are you guys not losing tons of money?

What the *(&()... I'm allied with all factions at my home station and have a trader rank of Tycoon. It is always in boom along with just about every system in a 20LY radius of where I am. Home station is a high tech station. I have never ever seen missions like shown on your screen - ever. You're the real deal.
The meta-alloys one is unique, but the Palladium ones are very common at the right stations. High-Tech stations tend not to be as good - as 777Driver says, it's about stock levels, and most of the high-priced goods in most high-tech systems get driven down to low stock by normal passing trade. Extraction economies out on the fringes, on the other hand, are much more common, so finding one that no-one else is using for high supply levels is much easier.

(Tycoon rank is sufficient: I got from Tycoon to Elite pretty much just by running these sorts of missions while trying to get to Allied with a bunch of local factions)

I play about 2-3 hours a week max at the moment if I'm lucky, so I wouldn't call that regular. Nothing complicated about it, minimum cargo space required is 752 tonnes, accepting minimum 7 million per 180 tonnes hauling weapons and precious metals (in Boom state/allied/Industrial/ Refinery) combined with Alien tech haulage.

Minimum per jump should be around 30 million, on a good run with alien tech you are bringing in 70+ million per run. However you can't just sit there all day making 70 million per run 24/7, mission are generated based on stock levels. When not in Boom I go exploring or work on upgrading the fleet.

Ok, now this makes sense. You’re doing haulage missions. I thought you were doing buy/sell trading. I can make a lot on the former. The latter, never more than 3 mil every 15 minutes.

Top Bottom