How do I research more rides? Nothing is ever available

I like the very first park in the career the pirate one so would like to build a park based off that. I did research and researched 3 or 4 rides but now nothing is available. How do I gain access to the other rollercoasters if there's no rollercoaster showing under research?

I thought sandbox mode gave unlimited money though? You can't run it as an actual park and earn the money but unlock all coasters?

Are you playing in sandbox already? Then that's all there is. There aren't anymore coasters, or anymore rides. Yet. "Simulation evolved."

Are you playing in sandbox already? Then that's all there is. There aren't anymore coasters, or anymore rides. Yet. "Simulation evolved."

I copied my career park into it but can't figure out at all how to expand the park boundaries so none of the rollercoasters I've downloaded off Steam will even fit in it. Kind of disappointed with this, was hoping for something more like RollerCoaster Tycoon 1-3 quality but it's pretty lacking. In RCT you used to be able to build a career park and then slowly unlock all the rides, but having them be locked to just a few, and then sandbox basically giving you a spoiler of the end kind of ruined it for me. I like NOT knowing what rides I can play with and unlocking them as I go, but to have to use sandbox to just build my own park just feels like cheating and a waste.

I copied my career park into it but can't figure out at all how to expand the park boundaries so none of the rollercoasters I've downloaded off Steam will even fit in it. Kind of disappointed with this, was hoping for something more like RollerCoaster Tycoon 1-3 quality but it's pretty lacking. In RCT you used to be able to build a career park and then slowly unlock all the rides, but having them be locked to just a few, and then sandbox basically giving you a spoiler of the end kind of ruined it for me. I like NOT knowing what rides I can play with and unlocking them as I go, but to have to use sandbox to just build my own park just feels like cheating and a waste.

I suggest you try challenge mode then because there you have to research everything to get it plus dealing with money like in career

How do I access career or sandbox mode? I start the game and I'm taken to the main screen where I choose different scenarios around the globe. None of them have coasters available and none of them have a button for research. I'm so lost. I don't want to maintain an actual park. I just want to build coasters and theme them nice. Thanks!

How do I access career or sandbox mode? I start the game and I'm taken to the main screen where I choose different scenarios around the globe. None of them have coasters available and none of them have a button for research. I'm so lost. I don't want to maintain an actual park. I just want to build coasters and theme them nice. Thanks!

Instead of clicking career mode you click sandbox mode..... [weird]

Last edited:
Top Bottom