Newcomer / Intro How do I scan a wake I've got a frame shift wake scanner and selected the right Bank and in analysis mode but it's still won't scan the wake so I can'

How do I scan a wake I've got a frame shift wake scanner and selected the right Bank and in analysis mode but it's still won't scan the wake so I can't do anything

Every wake scanner has range. (for example D-rated scanner has, I think, 2.5km)
So get closer target the wake, aim your ship at it and hold the trigger (it takes a couple of seconds to scan, similarly to firing the discovery scanner).

edit: also a side note - you can only scan high wakes (the ones left by a ship that jump to another system) not low wakes (left by a ship entering a supercruise)
You can only scan wakes in normal space, not supercruise.

Your fire groups are all messed up. You have two fire buttons/triggers. first you need to assign buttons/keys or triggers to each one so you can fire them individually. Next, you have to arrange your weapons and scanners so that you can fire the ones you want when you want. as an example, in fire group A you could have your burst lasers and multi-cannons on trigger 1 and the rail gun on trigger 2. Next, you make a second firegroup (B) with your wake scanner and manifest scanner on trigger 1 and your data link scanner on trigger 2, then firegroup C with the other two things on separate triggers. You can have more than one thing on the same trigger in the same firegroup. It just means that they go off together.

When you want to scan a wake, you select firegroup 2, target the wake on the radar and fly within range of it, then press trigger 1 and hold it until the scan is complete.

Your fire groups are all messed up. You have two fire buttons/triggers. first you need to assign buttons/keys or triggers to each one so you can fire them individually. Next, you have to arrange your weapons and scanners so that you can fire the ones you want when you want. as an example, in fire group A you could have your burst lasers and multi-cannons on trigger 1 and the rail gun on trigger 2. Next, you make a second firegroup (B) with your wake scanner and manifest scanner on trigger 1 and your data link scanner on trigger 2, then firegroup C with the other two things on separate triggers. You can have more than one thing on the same trigger in the same firegroup. It just means that they go off together.

When you want to scan a wake, you select firegroup 2, target the wake on the radar and fly within range of it, then press trigger 1 and hold it until the scan is complete.

Just wish to add that if you have items on the same trigger that operate in different HUD modes only one will operate but you will get a nag message about wrong HUD mode for the other, I commonly have my DataLink and Composition scanners working this way.

Personally I wouldn’t put lasers and multis on the same trigger. I would just set up a separate fire group for the rails with your weapon preference on the other trigger

Top Bottom