Hardware & Technical How do I use my PC as a terminal for non gaming stuff?

So it turns out I have a life other than playing ED (I know!!!) and in that life I need to do some work.

Unfortunately my PC is kind of embedded into cockpit arrangement and totally not suitable for doing serious stuff like accounts etc.

Is it possible I can use it in a different room without up rooting it all?

Ideas much appreciated!

A laptop maybe?

My desktop at home is only really used for games. I use an HP Pavilion for everything else as I can take it to work with me.
Spreadsheets, documents, CAD drawings, microprocessor coding. It can even run Clip Studio Paint and one of those XP-Pen drawing tablets.

A laptop maybe?

My desktop at home is only really used for games. I use an HP Pavilion for everything else as I can take it to work with me.
Spreadsheets, documents, CAD drawings, microprocessor coding. It can even run Clip Studio Paint and one of those XP-Pen drawing tablets.

I was trying to avoid that on the account of the extra expense, but it is an option.

Steamlink or Miracast may be an option.

Or huge long HDMI and USB cable with a powered hub for your other room and run monitors in mirrored mode - may not work if you've got multi screen displays in the simulator.

I remember at work when I first started there used to be an insane setup with the monitors, keyboards and mice in the office with all the computers a hundred feet away at the other end of the building in a server room. There were hugely expensive KVM extenders in line to boost the signals. Of course, this was all VGA and PS/2 wiring and there was a noticeable bit of input lag.
It all got ripped out and replaced by Dell workstations next to the monitors, which are now being changed for cheap Intel Atom NUC PCs.

Top Bottom