How does Mission Rep Scale?

Hi experienced bubble commanders o7

I'm currently grinding the FEDS for my Corvette Build and have a question on Rep Multipliers

Currently i'm doing burning stations with multiple passenger missions providing at best Rep lvl 3 (+++)
To break the boredom once I hit 100% rank I go do a Navy Mission and rank up. My rank up station offers missions for Rep lvl 5 (+++++)

How does this scale?

How many lvl 3 missions = a lvl 5 mission for example?

Many thanks in Advance

Nutter o7

Most missions have a Credit value, the alternative rewards are assigned an equivalent credit value (mats, rep or inf) so you should be able to get an idea from that.

AFAIK it's linear but I've never researched it beyond anecdotal experience.

AFAIK it's linear but I've never researched it beyond anecdotal experience.
It's a little more than linear... I think the payout for missions at Neutral are =~ 10-20% of what you'd get at Allied, and even less for Unfriendly/Hostile. My experience is where I'm used to 1.5-2.5m for an assassination at Allied, and 100-200k at Neutral. It's worth noting that, for applicable missions, distance to station in system and cargo value have far greater influence on reward than rep.

@OP, re: Reputation +'s, it doesn't scale. You can get up to a +++++ inf/rep mission at Hostile or Allied; it doesn't really matter.

As far as the +s go as well... it's linear. A mission offering +++++ rep is five times the worth of a +rep mission.

Last edited:
Well after some grinding and keeping an eye on how the rank increases I have discovered (Probably everyone already knows)...
It's not about taking as many Rep +++ as you can, oh no no....
It's about the mission value, If I take 20 rescue missions with payouts under 100k (smaller number of passengers) with Rep +++ My rank increases slowly. However if I take 10 larger missions 10 + passengers then the rank increases rapidly.

TLDR?
Don't stack small numbers of passengers <10 - one run = around 4% increase
Do stack large numbers of passengers >15 - one run = around 10% increase

Anywhoo, I hope to unlock the Corvette tonight once I finish work :)

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
How many lvl 3 missions = a lvl 5 mission for example?

Hi there,

Indeterminate.

At least ~1⅓, at most... 3 or 4, maybe...

The bands are linear but five plusses is the maximum displayed, so it could strictly speaking be worthy of extra plusses.

The number of plusses does, however, correspond directly to the amount of rep you will get.

A Rep+++ mission is always better than a Rep++ mission in terms of reputation earned.

Thanks,
Dom

The bands are linear but five plusses is the maximum displayed, so it could strictly speaking be worthy of extra plusses.

Thanks,
Dom
Hi Dom,

Is the same true of +'s for influence? (in that the maximum displayed is five, but there could be more?)

EDIT: Or have I misinterpreted that statement?

Dominic Corner

Frontier
Hi Dom,

Is the same true of +'s for influence? (in that the maximum displayed is five, but there could be more?)

EDIT: Or have I misinterpreted that statement?

Hi there.

Yes. A mission could be worth more plusses of influence than are displayed, too.

The display is:
numPlusses = rawValue / fuzzFactor

And then that value is clamped between 1 and 5.

Thanks,
Dom

Hi there.

Yes. A mission could be worth more plusses of influence than are displayed, too.

The display is:
numPlusses = rawValue / fuzzFactor

And then that value is clamped between 1 and 5.

Thanks,
Dom

This is interesting. Prior to 3.3 we had a fairly solid handle on what each mission's impact on influence was. Is this fuzz factor new with 3.3? Also, may I ask whether or not Frontier is happy with the current balance of mission impacts?

As an aside, this thread is not flagged with Dominic's DEV Posts. There may be a bug that only flags Community Manager posts ?

What exactly is the "Influence"? Rep I understand.

Rep improves your own standing with the minor faction, Inf improves the percentage that minor faction has and lowers the others in that system because the sum is always 100%. If two factions have the same percentage they will go to war (or election) over the most important asset each controls.

There is a sub-forum dedicated to the BGS that's worth a look if you are interested.

Last edited:
Rep improves your own standing with the minor faction, Inf improves the percentage that minor faction has (and lowers the others in that system because the sum is always 100%. If two factions have the same percentage they will go to war (or election) over the most important asset each controls.

There is a sub-forum dedicated to the BGS that's worth a look if you are interested.
Yes, I would like to understand it. Do you have a link?

There are 19 pages of Q/A containing ??? Q/A/comments- that is a rather large read for a single question. If I get time to read all of that I will.
???=Only God knows.

I answered your question about what inf is. The BGS (BackGround Simulation) is intentionally obscure, but there are contributors that understand it better than me & some of them post in the BGS section. This thread is about Rep, not Inf :)

Hi there,

Indeterminate.

At least ~1⅓, at most... 3 or 4, maybe...

The number of plusses does, however, correspond directly to the amount of rep you will get.

A Rep+++ mission is always better than a Rep++ mission in terms of reputation earned.

Thanks,
Dom
Hey Dom,

Many thanks for visiting the thread, much kudos! your numbers tally with my experience.

Good to see you in here!! Having dev in forums really lifts the mood!

Rep ++++++

See what I did there?

Dominic Corner

Frontier
Hey Dom,

Many thanks for visiting the thread, much kudos! your numbers tally with my experience.

Good to see you in here!! Having dev in forums really lifts the mood!

Rep ++++++

See what I did there?

Hi there,

You broke the rules... There can be only 5...

Stay where you are.

A retrieval unit has been dispatached to your location.

Thanks,
Dom

Top Bottom