How flying can work

Hello!

Today I've thought that flying can actually be "reversed swimming".

We have water. Why not have flying space created in exact the same way?
We have now deep diving. Swimming animals enter water and without any predefined paths, start to travel in the water space even in complex situations.

If we put water "up", we would have "flying seals". Now we could change model for a bird and PUF - flying animal. >:)

So firstly we would need to create closed habitat with proper roof (no holes). Add flying space just as we do with water. It could require places to sit and rest. So climbing=sitting elements.

This way animals that swim and fly could coexist in the same habitat.

I know that somebody must've thought about it this way and there could be important tech limitations or other problems. But to me it looks like easiest way and a realistic solution to having flying animals in ZOOs. Maybe just place point which function as "helipads" ;) on which animals start to fly and land to start walking on ground.

I agree, I have a feeling this is the coding route they'll probably go. I've thought about that before myself.

I don't think it needs to be so complex. It works in JWE2 and that's now on the same engine as PZ, I believe, based on what smarter people than me have said, so if it comes to PZ it will probably function just like that.

They'll have to do something of the sort ... I guess? I'd think the issue is creating a 'volume' of air that the animal inhabits - since there is no real 'air' in the game, they'd have to either create looped behaviors (which people aren't thrilled about) or figure some method of volume/behaviors in and around volume.

I don't know what they've done for JW2 but they (supposedly) have free flying animals there - ones that escape from their habitat - but my guess is that their free flying behavior is some form of loop.

We already have flying seals, or floating ones anyway. We're already halfway there :)

Floating Seal.jpg

@Roxxsmom
Please, restrain yourself from posting irrelevant and inappropriate content. This doesn't relate to topic, it's a bug. Post it in bug tracker, not here.
It doesn't add to discussion.

@NZFanatic
Complex? It's mostly copy-pasta of already existing code.
JW2 in terms of animal behaviors is a lot more simplistic than in PZ. I wouldn't want anything from JW2 to be put into PZ without any serious improvements.

I don't know what they've done for JW2 but they (supposedly) have free flying animals there - ones that escape from their habitat - but my guess is that their free flying behavior is some form of loop.
No, it isn't, actually. I've played it, and they can land on different objects, they move around depending on the environment (I still have yet to see them escape. Maybe I'll force it - UH, I MEAN, SOMEONE WILL SABOTAGE IT)
Hold your tongue there boss. They have driving in that game. I need to get my golf carts in PZ!
I'd love this. Been hoping for this since I got PZ a year ago (wow, has it been 1 years since I've played and joined the community?)

They already have a decent system in jwe2, however that was made. I would be more than content with that! :)
I only have a complaint that while the system is good in JWE, it works for that game because of how massive Pterosaurs are. It worries me if we only get big aviaries in the supposed DLC, then that's a whole niche of aviaries gone - smaller birds and what not. Hell, even budgie walkthroughs are something I'd absolutely love, but if we only get big swooping aviaries, it'll be kinda sad, but at least we would get aviaries, nonetheless? Mixed feelings all around but any addition is a welcome addition at this point.

I'd love this. Been hoping for this since I got PZ a year ago (wow, has it been 1 years since I've played and joined the community?)

Hopefully towards the end we could see something on brand with it. Frontier did it for ZT3 and for JWE, heck even RCT3 did it as well with James Hunt cheat. I'd consider it tradition for them at this point!

I only have a complaint that while the system is good in JWE, it works for that game because of how massive Pterosaurs are. It worries me if we only get big aviaries in the supposed DLC, then that's a whole niche of aviaries gone - smaller birds and what not. Hell, even budgie walkthroughs are something I'd absolutely love, but if we only get big swooping aviaries, it'll be kinda sad, but at least we would get aviaries, nonetheless? Mixed feelings all around but any addition is a welcome addition at this point.
Yeah I have a lot of worries as well but the smallest animal in PZ is much smaller than the smallest in JWE. I hope that means something in the context

We already had mesh fences. The pieces let you be more creative and also build mesh roofs. I know it’s not the only purpose of them but it’s the biggest I’ve seen
I don't see how the pieces would be useful to aviaries.

You'd still need some form of habitat perimeter as the base, which means they'd still need to create some method of building covered habitats, since building pieces can't be used to contain animals. To contain animals that fly you need a barrier that forms a roof. In theory they could create a null version of such a barrier so you could use the mesh pieces to create your own roof, sure, but to say "why else add mesh pieces" implies that they added them specifically for the purpose of aviaries.

I don't see how the pieces would be useful to aviaries.

You'd still need some form of habitat perimeter as the base, which means they'd still need to create some method of building covered habitats, since building pieces can't be used to contain animals. To contain animals that fly you need a barrier that forms a roof. In theory they could create a null version of such a barrier so you could use the mesh pieces to create your own roof, sure, but to say "why else add mesh pieces" implies that they added them specifically for the purpose of aviaries.
The game already has a way to sense shelter cover so it’s not far off to say it can work that way

Big aviaries might be a great first step for it. Starting with several of the "Big Ticket" animals for it, the large open flight "cages" are a workable starting point for a lot of birds of prey and parrots...

Top Bottom