How is console PC gonna work?

So PC looks like the kind of game that would be a massive pain in the ass to play on anything that doesn't have a keyboard and mouse.

So I'd love to know how something as complicated as PC is gonna work with a console controller.

I think the litmus test will be how they deal with trigger timings. If they leave it the same as on PC it's just a straight port without much thought being given to how it'd work on console, as who wants to enter a bunch of numbers to two decimal places using a controller? If they implement a proper timeline they've given it some thought over only optimising performance.

Last edited:
I think the litmus test will be how they deal with trigger timings. If they leave it the same as on PC it's just a straight port without much thought being given to how it'd work on console, as who wants to enter a bunch of numbers to two decimal places using a controller? If they implement a proper timeline they've given it some thought over only optimising performance.

Yes I am not sure how they are going to do many things like triggers without one needing a keyboard for their console.

I have no interest in buying the console edition just to build things. What I am hoping is that I can transfer my blueprints from PC to the console edition, then maybe ride my coasters in PS VR!

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I have no interest in buying the console edition just to build things. What I am hoping is that I can transfer my blueprints from PC to the console edition, then maybe ride my coasters in PS VR!
It was stated on planet coaster livestream that this would be extremely unlikely.

this would be extremely unlikely.
I dont care about Steam support, I just want to beable to transfer my PC blueprints to console... but if thats not going to be possible, then I wont be buying any additional copies of the game, and I will feel really bad for anybody expecting to be able to do that. In all seriousness idk why long-time users should have to pay again for the console edition (obviously businesses have to make money, but its still kinda sketchy, at least offer long-time users a discount... but I digress)

I bet a lot of people will say "wheres all the blueprints" when it releases, and even after a year or 2 it will probably still have way less blueprints than the PC edition has. I dont have any interest in starting the game over from scratch, and Im sure Im not the only one who will feel that way. In another thread, one of the community managers said they are working to allow blueprint sharing, but if PS4 users are unable to share with Xbox users, that will completely suck for the console community. Controller users are not going to have the patience to build extravagant setpieces, they are going to want to just plop down pre-built blueprints

If the console edition were to support blueprint transferring from PC edition, then I would happily pay for another copy of the game

Last edited:
I dont care about Steam support, I just want to beable to transfer my PC blueprints to console... but if thats not going to be possible, then I wont be buying any additional copies of the game, and I will feel really bad for anybody expecting to be able to do that. In all seriousness idk why long-time users should have to pay again for the console edition (obviously businesses have to make money, but its still kinda sketchy, at least offer long-time users a discount... but I digress)

I bet a lot of people will say "wheres all the blueprints" when it releases, and even after a year or 2 it will probably still have way less blueprints than the PC edition has. I dont have any interest in starting the game over from scratch, and Im sure Im not the only one who will feel that way. In another thread, one of the community managers said they are working to allow blueprint sharing, but if PS4 users are unable to share with Xbox users, that will completely suck for the console community. Controller users are not going to have the patience to build extravagant setpieces, they are going to want to just plop down pre-built blueprints

If the console edition were to support blueprint transferring from PC edition, then I would happily pay for another copy of the game

Nobody forces you to buy the Console Version 🤷‍♂️ Also, do you get a reduction in Price for ANY Console Port from anyone? If anything the Console Versions get the Full Price treatment even for older Games. Also we talked about the Blueprint issue before. Since the Steam Workshop is not run by Frontier it is very unlikely you can link that to the Console Version. What i read though is that they are working on something in that regard. So at least People will be happy that they get the Blueprint Feature at all.

do you get a reduction in Price for ANY Console Port from anyone?
I edited my post with the additional Quote below.

I think the majority of console players will be new players to the game.
I just feel like they are taking a step backwards by giving console players a separate workshop community, its a huge mistake for everybody involved (new or old players alike)

I'd like to make it very clear: I am not asking for consoles to have Steam support, I know consoles will not have Steam support, and that is fine... All I want is the ability to take blueprints from the PC edition and transfer them over to the console. It shouldnt be an impossible feature to request, will it be a lot of work for the devs? maybe, but not impossible, and it would be very important to boosting the console communities because when players first turn on the game they wont want to see 0 blueprints available

do you get a reduction in Price for ANY Console Port from anyone?
first of all according to Wingard frontier has no desire to sell additional copies to longtime players, so it should effect there business model to give us free copies of the port :)

this is a bit off-topic from the OP but, I'd like to point out the difference between a port and a remaster. A remaster might sometimes be worth the additional price tag, but a port is not worth an additional price tag if you already own the game. Obviously this doesnt apply to everybody, but compatibility between devices is a big deal to me.

Next-gen PS5 will most likely be backward-compatible with previous generation PSconsoles, and thats a big deal because of 4k HDR (or possibly 8k) upscaling. My PSVita not only plays PS1 and PSP games, but it also connects to my PS3(which plays PS2) and PS4 via RemotePlay. This is a big deal to me cause my entire library will be ported over to PS5 for no additional cost. Im not trying to say I should get Planco for free on consoles, Im just saying that its not going to be worth buying another copy if you already own the game. HOWEVER that might not be true IF they allow blueprint transfers!!

Streaming services are on the rise, and so are multi-screen devices (dual screen laptops, etc)... who wants to play Planco on PS4 when they could buy something like this in a couple years (obviously it wont be something everybody buys, but you get my point)... its basically a Nintendo Switch running a full version of Windows 10 and basically any game imaginable. I just want Planco to be as succesful as possible :) and it would help boost sales if they allow blueprint transferring

IMG_20200107_112601_678x452.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Planet Coaster already has some controller support and functions on PC and our developers have taken great care in making it all as intuitive as possible on Planet Coaster: Console Edition. In time we're going to show you a lot more about Planet Coaster: Console Edition, including the controls :) Planet Coaster: Console Edition will also support keyboard and mouse.

Streaming services are on the rise, and so are multi-screen devices (dual screen laptops, etc)... who wants to play Planco on PS4 when they could buy something like this in a couple years (obviously it wont be something everybody buys, but you get my point)...

Streaming Services? They can jump in a Lake for all i care. When you buy a physical Medium you got at least the Disc, or Card or whatever. But with Streaming Services you don't have jack. If you "buy" a Game on there you are dependant on so many things: your connection, the server that is streaming and the streaming service itself. Because if that one bows out and goes bancrupt, what happens to your games then? Mind you not everybody has a good connection to be able to stream games on whatever device one wants to play on. Also, Stadia wants to charge you full price on top of a monthly fee for a game you will never own.

So that was the Off-topic Part.

Regarding the seperate workshop bit: How else are you going to do it if Steam is the one that is providing the Workshop? Frontier has nothing to do with the Workshop. How is Frontier then going a step backwards, if they are the one actually trying to provide a replacement for the People playing on Console?

How else are you going to do it if Steam is the one that is providing the Workshop? Frontier has nothing to do with the Workshop
I hope people understand that you can copy blueprints from your computer and transfer them to another computer (with no internet) and it doesnt require steam to do so. Obviously consoles might have a different system, but it shouldnt be impossible to transfer blueprints from one system to another. Maybe they could release some kind of transfer/conversion tool

As for the streaming topic, I wasnt trying to debate about whether or not streaming is a good thing, I was just making a point that in the next 5 years gaming is going to change. Many of us didnt like "DLC" when it first arrived (and many of us still dont) but its here to stay. My point was simply that with Streaming services, its becoming more and more common to have "shared" gaming experiences across-platforms. Its even now possible to play xbox games on nintendo (and thats crazy)

If i buy a physical game, I know I have the benefit of sharing it with a friend, or letting them borrow it when Im done with it. But with Downloaded Digital games I expect the game to be playable on multiple systems. It doesnt matter how many PCs I own, I can have Planco installed on all of them. So why should it be any different with consoles? I have no interest in living in the 80s, time is moving forward, and the future is all about inter-connectivity, cross-compatibility, and backwards-compatibility!

All Im asking for is the ability to transfer blueprints from PC to consoles!

I said 'I' think. Meaning opinion of me.
I was JK, but my point is still true

Last edited:
Top Bottom