How Small Dinosaurs could be implemented in JWE.

So, I've been spending a lot of time coming up with ideas for how small dinosaurs could be implemented into the game.

So, basically, how it works, is that small dinosaurs get their own enclosure similar to the pre-designed enclosures from Zoo Tycoon 2013. They come in three forms:

1. Forest- More foliage, less grass
2. Grassland- More grass, less foliage
3. Mixed environment- Even mix of foliage and grassland

Small dinosaurs are not locked to a specific enclosure, they just need the proper one if you want them to stay comfortable. If they become uncomfortable, they become more susceptible to disease.

Other implementations of these small dinosaur enclosures:

1. They have an on-site Park ranger that we control in third-person that we can also give orders to. Small dinosaurs are still susceptible to disease, hunger, and thirst.

2. Guests will walk up and visit the enclosure. The enclosures have max dinosaur visibility.

3. The enclosures can be damaged due to storms. Small Dinosaurs cannot escape, but when damaged there is an increased likelihood of them contracting an illness.

4. The enclosures will have pre-designated spots to lay down water troughs, and food troughs. They still need to be refilled like other feeders, but can have the infinite feeder option in Sandbox.

5. As for their size, small dinosaur enclosures would be larger than a substation, and smaller than a large substation.

As for what dinosaurs can go into these enclosures:

* Coelurus - carnivore
* Compsognathus - carnivore
* Dromaeosaurus - carnivore
* Homalocephale - herbivore
* Hypsilophodon - herbivore
* Lesothosaurus - herbivore
* Microceratus - herbivore
* Nanosaurus - herbivore [Note: formerly known as Othnelia, Drinker, or Othnielosaurus, they were all synonymized with Nanosaurus by Galton and Carpenter in 2018)
* Ornitholestes - carnivore
* Proceratosaurus - carnivore
* Procompsognathus - carnivore
* Protoceratops - herbivore
* Segisaurus - carnivore
* Stegoceras - herbivore

That gives us seven carnivores and seven herbivores. Like the other dinosaurs, they can be individually selected, named, view their stats, etc. Herbivores can mix with other herbivores, but the carnivores need separate pens.

It would be more fun if they got out tho. how'd you round them up? I saw a suggestion for bait for small carnivores with a net on top.

Small dino is what JWE need at the moment it will be a great things if they had it on the game. WE just have to pray a Guess

And what do you want the most

AI improvement and clipping fixes.

Then def more decorations and buildings.

Better ways to snap buildings to grids, so the park is alligned.

Original JP skins would also be nice.

New dinosaurs would be the last thing. We have so many already. Make the game better before that.

I'm fairly certain Troodons were introduced to fill in the "small carnivore" niche and that we won't see anything smaller than that. It would be nice to see compys for example, but I don't consider it a priority right now.

Game needs Compys. They are in both books, its kinda criminal not to include them.

Why is it criminal? The game is not based on the books. Then we would have raptors that can change color and a camoflauge Carno... Unfortunately it's based on the Jurassic World movies, like the name implies.

Yes I totally agree... But they don't fit the gameplay and the game is Jurassic World, not Jurassic Park.

One of my jeep skin's still says Jurassic Park. As does almost all of the unlockable locations and characters in their database show Jurassic Park and The Lost World. I haven't seen a spinosaurus in a jurassic world movie yet....but it's in there. It's like the argument over raptor skins.....when they dont have jw skins either. Most of the dinos in this game have no combat functions at all. So how would a compy not fit? You should be able to add them into any paddock without it increasing the population. They should be background noise, a part of the atmosphere. The perk for them being in a paddock would be they prevent disease by eating corpses or meat from a feeder that has gone bad. Have them lower diseases by 60% for paddocks they're in.

Why is it criminal? The game is not based on the books. Then we would have raptors that can change color and a camoflauge Carno... Unfortunately it's based on the Jurassic World movies, like the name implies.

Maybe if we ask we will get that too. All they have to do is add the camo gene to raptors and carnos. Put the code from the indominus onto their models. I aint an expert but it seems like it could be a simple copy and paste. Im basing that off pc gamers adding past characters and entrances from an older wrestling game into a new one. Im pretty sure they just copied and pasted the old code into the game. But i could be wrong about that lol.

Yes I totally agree... But they don't fit the gameplay and the game is Jurassic World, not Jurassic Park.

That is a terrible argument. Compsognathus has been in three of the five movies so far. And Jurassic World is not a separate franchise from Jurassic Park.

One of my jeep skin's still says Jurassic Park. As does almost all of the unlockable locations and characters in their database show Jurassic Park and The Lost World. I haven't seen a spinosaurus in a jurassic world movie yet....but it's in there. It's like the argument over raptor skins.....when they dont have jw skins either. Most of the dinos in this game have no combat functions at all. So how would a compy not fit? You should be able to add them into any paddock without it increasing the population. They should be background noise, a part of the atmosphere. The perk for them being in a paddock would be they prevent disease by eating corpses or meat from a feeder that has gone bad. Have them lower diseases by 60% for paddocks they're in.

Well they could work, if they were only in paddocks with brickwall fences. If not, they can just run straight out through the fences... I guess they could be hunted too, but that means changing the AI for all the carnivoes currently in the game.

Maybe if we ask we will get that too. All they have to do is add the camo gene to raptors and carnos. Put the code from the indominus onto their models. I aint an expert but it seems like it could be a simple copy and paste. Im basing that off pc gamers adding past characters and entrances from an older wrestling game into a new one. Im pretty sure they just copied and pasted the old code into the game. But i could be wrong about that lol.

I agree, but the Devs already told us, that the Carno will not have camo...

That is a terrible argument. Compsognathus has been in three of the five movies so far. And Jurassic World is not a separate franchise from Jurassic Park.

It pretty much is, yes... The name is different, and they have no relations to the original books. It's like a franchise sequal, taking the focus towards hybrids instead of the classic dinosaurs. The only thing they have in common, is they refer to the original, just because it would get them more publicity and the opportunity to use Universal's dinosaurs.

Well they could work, if they were only in paddocks with brickwall fences. If not, they can just run straight out through the fences... I guess they could be hunted too, but that means changing the AI for all the carnivoes currently in the game.

Yeah but raptors should be able to climb or jump out of non electric fences right now but they dont... So it doesnt break any realism that isn't already broken if they dont walk out of the bars. In the novel they werent caged and had free run of the park anyway. But let's say they can escape bar fences, then ok they just have to be housed in concrete wall paddocks which should be used to house larger dinosaurs anyway. In which case you would want a clean up crew of compys to take care of giga victim corpses.

On my free reign idea like the novel... I have discovered you can have large herbivores uncagged with a guest path right next to them. I recreated the para and brachi lake scene from jp. It doesnt set off a dinosaur threat alarm, even when people see them and run away. Also if the dinos stay closer to the lake and arent right near the path the guests will walk past them on the path with no problem. They could make the guests oblivious to them since they're so small and set them to never attack a guest as well. It would be like seeing seagulls at the zoo. They're just part of our natural enviornment. That's kind of my concept of how compys would be. Because of the island the park is on, compys would be no different then the macaws you see fly off when you place down trees.

My compy free run probably won't ever be done on purpose... But putting them in concrete only for realism would still work... And they could make them huntible bite sized snacks for small carnivores like you said too.

Yeah but raptors should be able to climb or jump out of non electric fences right now but they dont... So it doesnt break any realism that isn't already broken if they dont walk out of the bars. In the novel they werent caged and had free run of the park anyway. But let's say they can escape bar fences, then ok they just have to be housed in concrete wall paddocks which should be used to house larger dinosaurs anyway. In which case you would want a clean up crew of compys to take care of giga victim corpses.

On my free reign idea like the novel... I have discovered you can have large herbivores uncagged with a guest path right next to them. I recreated the para and brachi lake scene from jp. It doesnt set off a dinosaur threat alarm, even when people see them and run away. Also if the dinos stay closer to the lake and arent right near the path the guests will walk past them on the path with no problem. They could make the guests oblivious to them since they're so small and set them to never attack a guest as well. It would be like seeing seagulls at the zoo. They're just part of our natural enviornment. That's kind of my concept of how compys would be. Because of the island the park is on, compys would be no different then the macaws you see fly off when you place down trees.

My compy free run probably won't ever be done on purpose... But putting them in concrete only for realism would still work... And they could make them huntible bite sized snacks for small carnivores like you said too.

Yeah the whole concept of different fences are non existing. They have no effect whatsoever, which is kind of a shame.

Well the compys in the novel didn't run free all over the island. They were still kept in the park perimeter... They just ended up escaping. Come to think about it, how risky is that, considering they are poisonous and they went after children. Hahah. Recipe for disaster... What were they thinking...

Top Bottom