Newcomer / Intro How to auto-close ED launcher upon game exit ?

Hi,

I have actually three simple questions

How do I get the ED launcher to auto-close upon game exiting.
How do I get the ED launcher to auto-start the game when it is started (when I click play in steam)
How do I get the ED launcher to auto-minimize or hide while the game is launched ?

In other words, how can I entirely get rid of having to interact with the ED launcher, ever, except in the circumstance where I have to start ED without Horizons because some glitch such as my ship exploding on landing for no reason while I am in an SRV.

Thanks !

To look at it from a different direction I once saw a mention for a script that launches the game directly without going through the launcher at all.
Basically it grabbed your auth code from the first run then created a desktop shortcut to a script.
You then ran the game from the shortcut for a period - until Frontier did their housework and rewrote the auth code.

Then you started all over again.

I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works.
It creates Launcherless.ps1 which is a Windows Powershell thingy.

I'm not giving a link because if it crashes your PC I don't want the blame.
But I'm sure you can find it on Google (other search engines are available).

Have fun.
If we don't hear back we'll just assume your PC blew up.

I once saw a mention for a script that launches the game directly without going through the launcher at all.

It can be found here in the forum and it works perfectly. Especially if you want to use the Tridef-Ignition-Launcher for Interleave-3D which isn't offered native by ED for whatever reasons there may be.

It can be found here in the forum and it works perfectly. Especially if you want to use the Tridef-Ignition-Launcher for Interleave-3D which isn't offered native by ED for whatever reasons there may be.

Sorry for the necro, but do you have a link? I've searched a fair bit and this thread is the only mention I can find.

Top Bottom