How to land on a hostile station?

Why did you complain? :sneaky: This sucks now because it's quite easy to become hostile with a faction with a war prolonged by opposing players fighting for the enemy.

When you are hostile to a controlling faction during a war, their authority ships who interdict you will also shoot on sight.
I think you might be misunderstanding what I complained about.... my complaint was about the removal of the ability to dock when Hostile... not the fact you could dock when not hostile.

I'm somewhat tempered that by the idea that it makes sense for a hostile faction to block access, but when Anonymous Protocols exists, the lack of it's use when hostile requires unreasonable levels of cognitive dissonance to accept.

I prefer to submit and boost away but it's still annoying when all you want to do is dock at nearest station to claim combat bonds.

The only time I submit is when I want to destroy them, saves time chasing after them. But yes it is annoying for bonds- its debatable the influence bonds have though in comparison to completing extra objectives in high or medium CZs though.

I'm somewhat tempered that by the idea that it makes sense for a hostile faction to block access, but when Anonymous Protocols exists, the lack of it's use when hostile requires unreasonable levels of cognitive dissonance to accept.
Ah, I was wondering about that :) But yes - Anonymous should have been made useful in that situation, one of the many things they added without considering antagonistic gameplay.

I imagine fdev look at the number of CMDRs who become hostile with factions and decided not to add gameplay (or just haven't bothered).

Mission options that only start to be offered once you get hostile with another faction would be great. "Oh, we see you are hostile with faction X, we also don't like faction X - here's more missions to help take them down". One day .... right after they fix PP ....

Ah, I was wondering about that :) But yes - Anonymous should have been made useful in that situation, one of the many things they added without considering antagonistic gameplay.
When the change first happened for hostile stations to block you from docking, I was pretty it... but that was 99% due to the lack of any alternative mechanics. It was basically "If you get hostile in the process of pushing for a war, and the only place to land and hand in bonds is owned by the faction you're hostile to, that's it, game over."... was so dumb that your ability to fight against a faction was outright controlled by whether or not they didn't like you.

But as I say, anonymous protocols, alternative actions to resolve wars which don't require docking, maybe even hopefully fleet carriers... are all mechanics which exist now and with a little bit of reimplementing, could fix a lot of the problems.

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but 2 of my fellow clansmen and I have been supporting one faction in a civil war and are not "hostile" to the other faction. Here is where it gets wrong. One of my clansmen asked for a received docking permission but was then destroyed in less than 5 seconds by the station. This happened at 2 different stations and the system is anarchy as well as the hostile faction. Why did it allow docking permission then destroy them? Should it have denied access?

Video would be handy of that, since many things don't match up.

If the system is an anarchy system, and the faction you're hostile to also an anarchy, then yeah, assets that faction holds will pop you when you're too close. So, not sure how that first bit where you say you're not hostile to the other faction fits.

Are you absolutely certain they were allowed access as well? When hostile, you can still request access, but it'll be denied, and because you need to be within 7.5km to request access you'll get blown up very quickly, probably too quickly to notice if you got granted access or not.

Last edited:
Wait. Are we supposed to be able to dock at hostile stations or not? I just docked at one, did my business, and then was destroyed immediately after takeoff by the station guns. I know I was hostile before hand because I got the message of the faction status change on my way to the station and before I left supercruise.

Was this a bug? It was pretty unexpected to be allowed to land and then nuked on takeoff.

Wait. Are we supposed to be able to dock at hostile stations or not? I just docked at one, did my business, and then was destroyed immediately after takeoff by the station guns. I know I was hostile before hand because I got the message of the faction status change on my way to the station and before I left supercruise.

Was this a bug? It was pretty unexpected to be allowed to land and then nuked on takeoff.
Sometimes the messages don't match reality; I've had messages say I'm now unfriendly, when I've still been hostile, and vice versa.

It's likely you got that message before you got tipped completely over, and whatever you did on the station pushed you over.

For information... you can't request docking when hostile... but you can become hostile to the station owner while docked without consequence.

Sometimes the messages don't match reality; I've had messages say I'm now unfriendly, when I've still been hostile, and vice versa.

It's likely you got that message before you got tipped completely over, and whatever you did on the station pushed you over.

For information... you can't request docking when hostile... but you can become hostile to the station owner while docked without consequence.
Thanks.

By “without consequence”, do you mean I should not expect to be attacked on takeoff?

Thanks.

By “without consequence”, do you mean I should not expect to be attacked on takeoff?
Nope, i just mean you can continue to reside in the station like normal. If you "return to surface" without taking off, you'll get shot at, but not enough to be destroyed while still docked. As soon as you undock, its a race against the clock for your tank.

Top Bottom