Dinosaurs How to Make Trait Genes More Interesting

As far as I know, applying trait genes to your dinosaurs affects its stats, but it doesn't really affect the gameplay that much. For example, upgrading attack and defense affects the dinosaur's performance in combat. However, aside from that, I can't thing of any other way that trait genes affects the gameplay of the dinosaur.

These are some ways that the different types of trait genes could affect the dinosaurs:

1. Robust Digestion: Dinosaurs appetite will be decreased.

2. Aggressive Instincts:
- Dinosaurs will be more likely to contest for the role of alpha.
- Rival species will be more eager to fight, and less likely to back down once the fight has started.
- Dinosaurs may actually pursue rival dinosaurs that retreat from a losing fight.

3. Intuitive Learning: I think of Muldoon's quote from the original JP, "...they never attack the same place twice. They were testing the fences for weaknesses." Dinosaurs may attack the fence occasionally, but not with the purpose of breaking it, but testing it. If the fence is electrified but the power goes out, the dinosaur may sense this and immediately attempt to break out.

4. Immune Response: If a dinosaur falls ill, its immune system may fight off the illness on its own.

5. Strong Muscle Fibers & Increased Bone Density: Both of these will increase the damage that a dinosaur inflicts upon fences.

6. Rapid Metabolism: Dinosaurs appetite will be increased.

7. Stress Inhibitor: Modifying a dinosaur with the maximum level of Stress Inhibitor will allow them to be comfortable with dinosaurs that they normally wouldn't be comfortable with, such as a Giga with a Spino. They will only attack each other if their comfort level falls below the threshold, or if they're starving. The DNA for Stress Inhibitor is from a capybara, which is known for getting along with many other species of animals, so I believe this makes sense.

8. Hyperefficient Blood: My knowledge of the circulatory system is limited, so I will need someone's help with this. Hyperefficient blood will affect resistance to sedatives, medical darts, and poison, but would it increase or decrease resistance? Consider poison, for example: would Hyperefficient Blood allow the dinosaur's circulatory system to better filter out the poison, or would it actually help the poison spread more quickly, thus increasing poison damage from a Troodon?

I wasn't able to think of something for every trait gene. If anyone has more ideas to add, I'd love to hear them.

Top Bottom