Horizons How to quickly spot which settlements you can land on?

Maybe I'm blind or didn't connect the dots. I'm sure there is a way when looking at the nav panel to tell which settlements you can actually land on and which ones you can't? It's very frustrating to do all the approach to some settlement/base only to find your contacts tab empty!

As far as I can remember you can still land at the settlement, you just have to land a little way outside and drive your buggy over to it. Only the larger settlements have landing pads where you have to request docking.

CMDR Flaxton

Going to system map and zooming in on a planet will show you the icons for each settlement and that's easy recognisable.

Edit:

Correction there are icons in nav panel that will tell you what settlement has landing pads and which one does not.
I'll post the screens in a sec...

Icon on the left of Schmitz's Progress means that it is a large settlement and have landing pads
Icon on the left of Lewitt Base means that it is a small settlement and you have to land outside of it and use your SRV to get there

nav.png

Last edited:

Adam Woods

Executive Producer
Frontier
Maybe I'm blind or didn't connect the dots. I'm sure there is a way when looking at the nav panel to tell which settlements you can actually land on and which ones you can't? It's very frustrating to do all the approach to some settlement/base only to find your contacts tab empty!

Hi CMDR Kantos Kan,

There are different icons next to each settlement entry found in the navigation tab; one with a tall tower, and one without. Ones with have landing pads, and ones without don't. See the training video for a more info https://youtu.be/sjbOgK-c2Ss?t=35s

Thanks,
Adam

Thanks to all! Now, no more wasted time to land somewhere! @CMDR Flaxton: yes, I know I can land nearby but sometimes, I want to refuel or check the bb.

Top Bottom