How to Solo a Thargoid Interceptor [Video]

Since the Galnet report that the thargoids had withdrawn I am not finding any more xeno cz s. Only finding interceptors and scouts in NHSS.
I find them in systems in and around Maia and Merope. Systems around Pleiades Sector DL-Y d65, Electra and Celaeno.

Anyone else finding them? and where? Are there no more damaged stations?

Since the Galnet report that the thargoids had withdrawn I am not finding any more xeno cz s. Only finding interceptors and scouts in NHSS.
I find them in systems in and around Maia and Merope. Systems around Pleiades Sector DL-Y d65, Electra and Celaeno.

Anyone else finding them? and where? Are there no more damaged stations?
Witch head nebula also has a bunch. No damaged stations atm, just ones needing repair.

So I've been trying to solo a Cyclops for the first time. Got close earlier - 3 hearts down - but then I suddenly couldn't aim at all.

But I noticed something very annoying and I don't see it mentioned in the strategy. I noticed the Cyclops would sometime just keep throwing Swarms out one after the other. As soon as one goes down another comes out and it just keeps going, making getting to the Thargoid impossible.

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong here?

So I've been trying to solo a Cyclops for the first time. Got close earlier - 3 hearts down - but then I suddenly couldn't aim at all.

But I noticed something very annoying and I don't see it mentioned in the strategy. I noticed the Cyclops would sometime just keep throwing Swarms out one after the other. As soon as one goes down another comes out and it just keeps going, making getting to the Thargoid impossible.

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong here?
That happens when you take too long to take down a heart and the interceptor goes enrage. All interceptors have set enrage timers, kill a heart to end this state.
A tactic for handling enraged interceptors is to not completely destroy the swarm but reduce it to a size below 15 and make sure it doesn't go into the missile/suicide state.

That happens when you take too long to take down a heart and the interceptor goes enrage. All interceptors have set enrage timers, kill a heart to end this state.
A tactic for handling enraged interceptors is to not completely destroy the swarm but reduce it to a size below 15 and make sure it doesn't go into the missile/suicide state.

Ah, cheers. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't be doing this in a Chieftain. Despite the great hardpoint placement, it's very twitchy, or just rather rapid on the manoeuvring thrusters. Finding it hard to control and maintain aim.

Ah, cheers. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't be doing this in a Chieftain. Despite the great hardpoint placement, it's very twitchy, or just rather rapid on the manoeuvring thrusters. Finding it hard to control and maintain aim.
It's a very good ship and the manouvering capability is it's greatest strength. If you have trouble with your aim, reviewing your control settings might be an option (is relative on? sensitivity good?).

Top Bottom