Newcomer / Intro How to view space coordinates

Hello, all. I'd like to know how do I view my x, y, and z coordinates of my position? I've tried looking for a while but could not figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Sargon

Banned
The galaxy map has a grid system, centered on Sol (0.0.0)... that's about as 'coordinated' numerically as it gets.

Go to the galmap and on the nav pane of the menu window click current position. That will zoom to the system where you are. Then you have to eyeball the grid to find the coordinates - they are not specifically reported for the system. In the coordinate system, the position is given relative to the Sol system (which is 0:0:0).

It's never necessary to know it, so FDev has never had a way in-game to read off the coordinates of a star system exactly. It's a desired feature for those of us who want to make some helper apps or maps, etc.

Think about it logically...

All stars are in motion around the galactic center of mass. What use would an x,y,z system be if your position is moving so much? It's all relative to your frame of reference - which is in constant motion. All you really need to know is how far is your destination, and how to get there.

Top Bottom