I got inspired by @KönigDerKaffeebohnen thread on this and decided to make my own possible scenarios for the next 5 packs. I’ll be including the updates alongside these packs and the packs will go up until next fall, totally not because I can’t think of anything for the net. Winter Pack.

Anniversary Animal 2023 - Top 3 picks
In the past we’ve gotten animals for the anniversary that are similar to others we have in the game already but are also a bit different. For example the BAW lemur being another lemur and the Red Deer being similar to the Fallow Deer but pretty different.

The animal for the anniversary also can’t be a type of animal we would get in the packs beside it. For example we didn’t get a deer in the Twilight or Grasslands Pack because we got the Red Deer. We didn’t get a primate in the Europe or North America Pack because of the lemur.

The anniversary also shouldn’t be an animal that is heavily requested, as the last two weren’t that requested.

For this anniversary the chances of getting it right for only putting one guess out is very low, so I’ll put my top 3 guesses for what I think the anniversary animal will be.

5FDD9066-0AFE-476E-82F5-D31468558DEA.jpeg

1. Masai Giraffe. I think it’s pretty definite we won’t get a giraffe in the winter Pack (unless they surprise us with a Savanna pack in the winter Pack), also Frontier loves to upgrade animals from the base game like the lemur got a new one, we got a new wildebeest, new Buffalo, new rhino, new camel, etc. And even though the giraffe isn’t one of the worst models from the base game I think it can still do with an upgrade. Also Masai Giraffes are pretty different in colours and patterns compared to the Reticulated Giraffe.

Untitled design.jpeg

2. Banded Mongoose. I think a mongoose would be a really good candidate. It’s a perfect clone from the meerkat and it doesn’t need any new animations. It’s quite different in appearance obviously from the meerkat and it’s both not that heavily requested and people would probably be excited for it.

Untitled design.jpeg

3. Coyote/Ethiopian Wolf. I really wanna see them do a wolf like animal with the quality we have now. The last true wolf like being was the dhole which was quite a while ago. The coyote and Ethiopian wolf would be my top 2 picks, they’re not super unique but they are still pretty good to be anniversary animals I believe.

I’ll post my winter 2023 pack later, too tired right now.

Last edited:
I'd be pretty huffy if they gave us an Ethiopian wolf, really. I don't really understand the obsession with completing the Zoo Tycoon roster. I'd hate the coyote too but at least it would make more sense. The mongoose is an interesting wildcard, however - not my favourite pick but not one I'd be disappointed with.

As for the giraffe, while I would like a second giraffe and the Masai is an obvious choice, of all the base game species I feel like the giraffe is one of those that needs a "revamp" the least (as you yourself pointed out, in so many words). If we're looking at it in terms of revamps, something with a lot of good potential would be the Sumatran orangutan - it could utilise the new method they have for creating fine hair textures, and it is morphologically different from the Bornean enough to justify a separate inclusion. That said, I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind or anything, it's your thread.

In the update alongside the free animal my prediction is that we will get some sort of shop whether it be a new food/drink shop, clothing shop, whatever.
Untitled design.jpeg

Finally for the guests they will be able to carry around anniversary animal balloons like last year. I can’t see why they would change this, the only difference I could see them do is change the animals on the balloons.

I would love to see a Gray Crowned Crane for an anniversary animal. It’s not too different from the red-crowned and isn’t too requested either. It should be perfect, and I know a lot of people would love It.

The coyote I would love. It would probably be the Arid Pack of anniversary animals though, with people going back and forth on why it’s good or bad.

I would love to see a Gray Crowned Crane for an anniversary animal. It’s not too different from the red-crowned and isn’t too requested either. It should be perfect, and I know a lot of people would love It.

The coyote I would love. It would probably be the Arid Pack of anniversary animals though, with people going back and forth on why it’s good or bad.
I thought the gray crowned remains one of the most common bird requests especially since we have the kiwi now. The secretary bird and gray crowned crane are surely the top 2 picks for birds for Africa.

I will have 3 qualifications.
animal additions
  1. rock hyrax: if we get a highland dlc this would be a great option to add an oddball in the same vein in the skunk but better. (I was holding myself back to be honest)
  2. prehensile-tailed porcupine: similar to the hyrax, would be great for a Treetops Pack or South America Animal Pack
  3. reeves muntjac: an unknown zoo classic which would be great as a filler animal and has good mixed exhibit potential.
  4. domestics: I CAN'T MAKE A REALISTIC WITHOUT GOATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS.
update addition
  1. unlimited sandbox: a replacement to the old sandbox market allowing you to pick your own animal's stats including age, gender, size, color morph, and more.
  2. foliage brush: self-explanatory, but also comes with a feature to make your own brush which don't just hold nature, but also scenery.
  3. peafowl update: also self-explanatory, could have piebald, midnight, charcoal, peach, and purple.
anniversary additions
  1. Nile Croc: adds a good-looking croc base game plus an African croc.
  2. Carousel: why not celebrate with a carousel, with interchangeable animal options including horse, zebra, lion, croc, tiger, bear, hippo, rhino, okapi, and more
  3. Pins and Stickers (in real life): these merch items will have about the same prints, using cutouts of existing merch but also giving us a monarch, dromedary, croc, and sloth, these new designs will also be found on shirt and hoodies.
also, for the next 5 packs I would do
Americas Animal Pack
Treetops Pack
Highland Animal Pack
India Pack
Feathered Friends Animal Pack (also known as the beginning of the end)

Update 1.16 & Highlands Animal Pack arriving on December 12th:

As highlands/mountains is the only big biome we have left to cover, I really think the winter pack will be a Highlands Animal Pack. There’s no scenery that we would really need to pair with this, you could have a NA set but that could pair with a future pack (foreshadowing).

Explore the wonders of winter with 8 new cold dwelling animals!

Gelada
1696168108484.jpeg

One of the most colourful symbolic animals of the primate world, the Gelada arrives from the Ethiopian Highlands. While closely related, Geladas aren’t actually true baboons, they do share a variety of similarities though.

Spectacled Bear
1696168265273.jpeg

These bears are known for their yellow ring markings on their faces, as they are its key feature that separates its appearance from other species of bear.

Wolverine

1696168613169.jpeg

Mustelids are a very wide group of animals with unique features, and this furry winter friend is no different! Wolverines are adapted to live in colder climates, they don’t hibernate and are very skilled predators for hunting in the snow.

Markhor
1696168816994.jpeg

A very known icon of the mountains, while some might not know this animal by name, the twisted horns of the majestic Markhor are very symbolic and unlike any ungulate.

These first 4 I’m pretty dead set we’re getting. The next 3 I’m not as confident in but I think they have a strong possibility.

Takin (Sichuan)

1696169728647.jpeg

Takin are magnificent creatures, with thick lush fur and beautiful horns. The animal also has a variety of colour variations that will be available in the game! These variants range from a pale yellow all the way to a darker brown top coat!

Pallas Cat

1696169935984.jpeg

These small wild cats may look like your average house cat, but they are adapted to live in the cold climate of certain ranges of Asia.

Rock Hyrax

1696170361830.jpeg

Hope you’re ready for another curious and cute friend! Hyraxes despite their size and appearance, are actually related to Manatees and Elephants!

Titicaca Water Frog (E)
1696170757135.jpeg

This amphibian is especially unique for your exhibits because this is the largest fully aquatic frog in the world! This frog will rarely surface above the water, in fact it can spend its whole life submerged!

I originally had a pheasant in place of the hyrax but I think another small prairie dog like creature is more probable. I’ll post my ideas for the update 1.16 later today.

Let me know what you think of my ideas!

Top Bottom