HUD UI Color Change!!!

I have this game on the Xbox and planning to buy this on my ps4, however the orange color scheme is so old now and needs updating hopefully for the PS4. It would be nice to have the PlayStation blue color for its UI. Please frontier, change the orange color!!!

I have this game on the Xbox and planning to buy this on my ps4, however the orange color scheme is so old now and needs updating hopefully for the PS4. It would be nice to have the PlayStation blue color for its UI. Please frontier, change the orange color!!!

Blue would be much easier on the eyes IMO.

Blue would be much easier on the eyes IMO.

I love the orange. Maybe because I'm old school. I know the science opinion is out on this still, but pretty much every device I have is set to slowly reduce the amount of the blue in the light. I also take the blue in my work monitors right down and the brightness and contrast. I'm the only person in the office who doesn't complain of headaches and squint at their screen. But then I'm lucky enough to have 20/20 vision.

I love the orange. Maybe because I'm old school. I know the science opinion is out on this still, but pretty much every device I have is set to slowly reduce the amount of the blue in the light. I also take the blue in my work monitors right down and the brightness and contrast. I'm the only person in the office who doesn't complain of headaches and squint at their screen. But then I'm lucky enough to have 20/20 vision.

I'm fine with orange too. But maybe a 'button' can be implemented in the game to change the HUD colour.

Last edited:

I agree it needs in-game HUD color customization. And it has been requested for YEARS, but Frontier doesn't listen. It's sad. We should get some official response by Fdev.

I want to change not only the Color also a Minimalistic HUD cause I think it's kinda cluttered.

If the HUD bothers you a lot, get the PC version so you can modify it.

Last edited:

Customisation will probably come post 2.4, that said the orange has been proven to best contrast in most situations, other colours have other problems, just be a bit patient, and it will arrive.

I agree it needs in-game HUD color customization. And it has been requested for YEARS, but Frontier doesn't listen. It's sad. We should get some official response by Fdev.
I want to change not only the Color also a Minimalistic HUD cause I think it's kinda cluttered.
If the HUD bothers you a lot, get the PC version so you can modify it.

Frontier do listen and this has come up many times before. The reasoning that they have given for not having a multiple cockpit HUD colour schemes is to do with how they render the screen. They have said in the past that to provide this sort of functionality would require a majr over haul and code rewrite so although desirable keeps getting dropped down the priority list.

i dont know what 'magic' the PC users do on some of the twitch streams to render blue HUDs but it is not a supported Frontier mod.

On PC you can hack one of the config files to change the HUD colour. The disadvantage of this is, because of the way it was originally coded, the colour change affects more than just the HUD (mainly the portraits of the npc quest givers).

On PC you can hack one of the config files to change the HUD colour. The disadvantage of this is, because of the way it was originally coded, the colour change affects more than just the HUD (mainly the portraits of the npc quest givers).

True, but with a bit of experimentation you can get a decent colour and also have everything else look sensible still.

And that color turns out to be orange. HENCE the first color (black and white, are not colors) on pc's originally.

I still have my computer terminals set up for green on black, as that is much nicer than the orange was . . . I had a non-orange HUD setup before the last patch that I really should get around to changing back to again at some point.

I still have my computer terminals set up for green on black, as that is much nicer than the orange was . . . I had a non-orange HUD setup before the last patch that I really should get around to changing back to again at some point.
That's the other annoying thing about changing the HUD colours, after every patch it has to be set up again.

Last edited:

Green on Black gets my vote if Frontier are listening. Very 70's retro.

Green on Black gets my vote if Frontier are listening. Very 70's retro.

Not to sure if I would like this? would have to see it first. Would love the option to change though, pretty strange design choice that it effects so many other things if you change it? got to be a mistake surely?

Top Bottom