HUGE idea to break up themed areas

So a lot of parks break up their themed areas with railroad. Yes, paths can go under or over currently in Planet Coaster. But in actual parks the track intersects the sidewalk and when the train approaches arms come down (or gates swing closed) and guests wait for the train to pass while usually waving at the guests riding the train. I know it would be difficult to achieve from a path perspective, but maybe its a special track piece you can lay down instead and after doing so you can connect either side to a path?

There could definitely be some management/strategy aspects to it as well. Such as, when the gates are down, it could potentially create overcrowding on the paths in really dense parks. So you have to plan accordingly with how many trains you have running, how often they intersect paths and the placement of those said intersections.

Like I said, seems like a lot of parks do it. Would love to be able to emulate that in our parks for more realism.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
This would be so very helpful. It would be a fantastic way to section off themed areas. I haven’t used a train 😞 in a long time because it always ended up just going around the outside of the park and this way it could go through the park. That would be fun to take a train ride through the center of the FUN!

1000% yes. You explained it well.👍🏼

This would be so very helpful. It would be a fantastic way to section off themed areas. I haven’t used a train 😞 in a long time because it always ended up just going around the outside of the park and this way it could go through the park. That would be fun to take a train ride through the center of the FUN!

1000% yes. You explained it well.👍🏼

Could also add a scenery bonus on the ride. So similar to the queue scenery rating, riders will be more excited to ride the railroad if it goes through a lot of scenic/themed areas!

For now you can build track through path with collision off, and there are crossing signals on the workshop, and working gates made as toolkit items. It's just that there is no way to make people stop and wait for the train. Wish we had triggerable barriers/kerbs.

For now you can build track through path with collision off, and there are crossing signals on the workshop, and working gates made as toolkit items. It's just that there is no way to make people stop and wait for the train. Wish we had triggerable barriers/kerbs.

I like the problem-solving mentality here. Haha. That is what's great about Planet Coaster. If they don't have it, chances are you can make something work in a roundabout way to achieve what you want. I'm just looking for a more "official" visual. ;)

I think it’s never been pursued because of the peep flow system. A gate would sever the flow, and make the peeps have to recalculate their path. Which could be a burden. Also if the closed path was a dead end, would cause a “lost peep” situation. Another thought is the complexity of the gates having to be one way blocking only, so that peeps wouldn’t get trapped between gates when they came down. They haven’t created one way path blockers, just no entry (from both sides)“Kerbs” and the soft guiding “Kerb”

So, if you really think about, this seemingly “simple” idea could be quite complex.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I think it’s never been pursued because of the peep flow system. A gate would sever the flow, and make the peeps have to recalculate their path. Which could be a burden. Also if the closed path was a dead end, would cause a “lost peep” situation. Another thought is the complexity of the gates having to be one way blocking only, so that peeps wouldn’t get trapped between gates when they came down. They haven’t created one way path blockers, just no entry (from both sides)“Kerbs” and the soft guiding “Kerb”

So, if you really think about, this seemingly “simple” idea could be quite complex.

Never said the idea was simple. In fact, in my original post I express the very point you are making:

I know it would be difficult to achieve from a path perspective, but maybe its a special track piece you can lay down instead and after doing so you can connect either side to a path?

At the end of the day, this is a suggestion forum. It's not on me to figure out how it can be accomplished. It just would be nice to have.

Well as for guests getting stuck on the tracks when the gates come down... Trains have collision right? Can't they just knock guests around like coaster cars?

As for how it would work, I could see it as a track section piece that includes the triggers built in for the gates that the path can snap to....

Top Bottom