Hypothetical Pterosaur DLC

Now that we’re getting Pteranodon, what other flying friends should we get? Dimorphodon, Rhamphorhynchus, Cearadactylus, Nyctosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Geostrernbegia, Pterodactylus? Anymore? Remember only 3 get the cut. Maybe 5.

Last edited:
Movie-Update for free:

DIMORPHODON

PTEROSAUR-PACK

RHAMPHORHYNCHUS

PTEROAUSTRO

TROPEOGNATHUS

QUETZALCOATLUS

ARCHEOPTERYX

Last edited:
Well, if we get the two Jurassic Park ones included in the base DLC, there are 3-4 options that have been shown onscreen for a Jurassic World Pterosaurs.

You have the Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom one, which could, potentially, be done as a skin for the JP3 one.

You have the Dimorphodon.

You have the smaller pteranodon from Battle at Big Rock

And you have the quetzalcoatlus from the Jurassic World pitch trailer.

A whole DLC dedicated to just flying dinos? What a waste. Maybe as a dinosaur pack..
Hey, we've had ones for carnivorous dinos and herbivorous dinosaurs. Why not for flying reptiles?

Some additional ideas:
Cearadactylus.jpg

Cearadactylus, as it was featured in the original novel.

Cycnorhamphus.jpg

Cycnorhamphus, a pterosaur with an unusual beak.

Nyctosaurus.jpg

Nyctosaurus with its unique, antler-like crest.

I think they should add:
  • Cearadactylus (bc it in the book)
  • Dimorphodon (bc the movie)
  • Quetzalcoatlus (bc its in the pitch trailer and because its the largest pterosaur)
  • Rhamphoryncus (for no real reason its just cool)
  • Tapejara/tupendactylus (it has good crest)

Call me pessimistic if you want, but maybe we should hold off on any pterosaur DLC ideas until after we know exactly what we're getting here... for all we know, the aviary is just another building and the pterosaurs inside are little more than aesthetic elements...

Well, I do have ideas for pterosaurs myself, but I want to wait until further details for Update 1.12 and Return to Jurassic Park are revealed. So that I can make those ideas of mine sound more feasible, if possible.
And you have the quetzalcoatlus from the Jurassic World pitch trailer.

I'm not sure of the pitch trailer pterosaurs would be a thing because that is a rejected concept, and Frontier never copies anything from other existing games or series, or other stuff that's non-film series narrative content in general. The troodon's bite was, if I remember correctly from a posted interview, was an inspiration from some members of the dev team who know of the troodons from Jurassic Park: The Game, and both ankylodocus and spinoraptor were added because they have a larger Universal Pictures presence via merchandising.

Last edited:
Well, I do have ideas for pterosaurs myself, but I want to wait until further details for Update 1.12 and Return to Jurassic Park are revealed. So that I can make those ideas of mine sound more feasible, if possible.

I'm not sure of the pitch trailer pterosaurs would be a thing because that is a rejected concept, and Frontier never copies anything from other existing games or series, or other stuff that's non-film series narrative content in general. The troodon's bite was, if I remember correctly from a posted interview, was an inspiration from some members of the dev team who know of the troodons from Jurassic Park: The Game, and both ankylodocus and spinoraptor were added because they have a larger Universal Pictures presence via merchandising.
Until it was shown off at conventions, the thing was used heavily as inspiration for the Jurassic World storyline that they kept going back to.

It wouldn't surprise me if they put it into JW3 just to use it in the actual movies.

Top Bottom