General / Off-Topic I am fed up of this one shot in Endgame I think everyone has got wrong ... so here's my take on it.

OH YEAH, SPOILERS WARNING FOR AVENGERS ENDGAME, just in case and before someone moans.

ABChBE7.jpg

Image in a spoiler tag because it is a HUGE image. If you're not going to look at the image though, what I am about to explain, may not make any sense.

So in the Superbowl trailer for Avengers Endgame, there's a shot of Captain America, Black Widow, Bruce Banner and James Rhodes walking across a field and looking upwards. We don't see what they are looking at.
I keep seeing videos of people trying to claim a) there's someone in the blank space to the right of the image, and b) who that might be.

So I've made a drawing of an above angle look at where people are placed in that shot.
Cap is leading the group of four. The space everyone is speculating about is marked in red and is either between Banner and Rhodes, or next to Captain America ... weirdly, no-one speculating on this specifies where they are placing the supposed missing person.

My theory is that there is no missing person in this shot, there is no 5th person walking across the field. People are trying to go "ah-ha Marvel, you sneaky dogs you, we know your tricks" when there is no trick.

Black Widow, Banner and Rhodes are evenly spaced, so it would be odd to place a person between Banner and Rhodes and mess up that neatness and placing a 5th person next to Captain America would ruin the focus of the shot. You be confused about who was leading that little group, is it Captain America or X? The leader is out in front because he is the leader. There can't be two leaders, at least not in that shot. It simply wouldn't work from a story telling perspective.

And that is why I am convinced everyone else has it wrong.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be the first time people expected a twist where there was none. I think your reasoning is sound.

Those "theory" videos have fulfilled their purpose already and will be forgotten after the first week of release, but this will for some reason have no impact on the reputation of the "theorists".
I guess it is just fun to speculate, many people will probably forget the movie itself after a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom