I don't know what to do.... :(

I've been playing nothing but the beta for the last four weeks that now in 'real' I don't know what to do. I'm 1200ly from the bubble and mid-explore so I don't want to do any more exploring before chpt 4 comes out on Tuesday. The new first mapped mechanic and better returns are what I'm waiting for. I normally play on saturdays and tonight feels a bit downbeat.

So what to do tonight, instead?

I could do a pre-explore of the current vicinity to try and find any hidden gems nearby.

Anything else I could do?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
I have just been going around and collecting mats just for thee hell of it. Got all my encoded full, got all my manufactured full, now driving around filling up my raw.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Devs have stated in a livestream that all systems are going to have their State reset on launch, so I've been farming system state dependent mats (such as Pharm. Isolators). Also good to make sure you have the mats/money to fit out the new ships.

OP is 1200 ly from the Bubble, so some of these Bubble-based suggestions are a little unrealistic :D

OP, make sure your camera controls are set up to your liking. There will be lots of photo opportunities with the new lighting in space and it will be relatively easy to find and pose next to objects on planetary surfaces.

Otherwise, sit tight, it's 3 more days !

As my CMDR arrived in Colonia Thursday after a couple of weeks wandering I too was at a bit of a loss having enjoyed beta for most of the 4 weeks...

I had bought another copy of ED in a Humble sale (for a friend who then declined to play) so started a new CMDR today who will live in the bubble, it has been quite fun to be back being broke and in a little ship :)

Why not just carry on exploring as you have been? Yes exploration will change but what difference will it make if you explore a few more systems using the current method? Maybe you'll even find an exceptionally awesome system that you'll want to bookmark and come back to after the update that you might never find if you stop exploring now.

It's not like you're going to run out of systems to explore, unless you're doing some kind of regional mapping project.

I could do a pre-explore of the current vicinity to try and find any hidden gems nearby.

Whoops, I guess I didn't read the whole post...

Last edited:
Why not just carry on exploring as you have been? Yes exploration will change but what difference will it make if you explore a few more systems using the current method? Maybe you'll even find an exceptionally awesome system that you'll want to bookmark and come back to after the update that you might never find if you stop exploring now.

It's not like you're going to run out of systems to explore, unless you're doing some kind of regional mapping project.

I think it is because we have had a taste of what things are coming, the new system will make 'discovering' bodies a long way from the Entry Star much less time-consuming - unless one of those said bodies has a POI that is irresistable! - and will ensure that we never miss a POI, that is why my CMDR and co-pilot are taking a bit of R&R in a station for a few days :)

Thanks for the suggestions all. Collecting mats is a good idea!

Get me some SRV action - not done that in a while. [cool]

OP is 1200 ly from the Bubble, so some of these Bubble-based suggestions are a little unrealistic :D

1,200Ly?

That's close enough to pop back for tea and biccies. :p

On topic, if I'm ever at a loose end i just have a look at the list of permit-locked systems and go and unlock one.
Beyond that, making credits is always useful with new ships on the way.
Wouldn't bother mat' gathering 'cos it seems like that's going to be MUCH easier next week.

Also, if you want to go exploring, 1,200Ly from the bubble is a perfect distance to allow you to pop back so you can bung something useful in the extra empty slot you're going to have on Tuesday.

Yeah, 1200 LY is like.... 15-20 jumps depending on your ship. At ~1 minute per jump, no problem to get back and start farming mats. Even less if there's a highway star nearby.

I've been playing nothing but the beta for the last four weeks that now in 'real' I don't know what to do.
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm in the bubble again, after a long exploration run. I played the beta a bit, but actually haven't been playing lately. (I've been sick with the flu.)

I don't really feel like doing missions and I've got weeks to wait, before Distant Worlds 2 starts.

1,200Ly?

That's close enough to pop back for tea and biccies. :p

On topic, if I'm ever at a loose end i just have a look at the list of permit-locked systems and go and unlock one.
Beyond that, making credits is always useful with new ships on the way.
Wouldn't bother mat' gathering 'cos it seems like that's going to be MUCH easier next week.

Also, if you want to go exploring, 1,200Ly from the bubble is a perfect distance to allow you to pop back so you can bung something useful in the extra empty slot you're going to have on Tuesday.

Exactly. With current jump ranges... Not that I'm complaining.

Top Bottom