I don't understand how stats work in fights.

I have faced a T. Rex with the strong trait and greater dominance (therefore boosted) vs Spinosaurus by default and the Spinosaurus has killed him with his animation with one hit! I have been amazed. Statistics don't matter now? The only thing that was special about the Spino is that it had already killed a base T.Rex before, which I also don't understand because the T.Rex's stats are better than the Spino's base.

Does anyone know how this works in JWE2?

I've seen that also many times.
Don't know how it works but feels like some kind of "lucky punsh" system ?
Maybe just random?

I haven't tested out combat too much - I hope they add challenges that make knowing how it works worthwhile. It says Spino is almost equal to T-Rex in total combat - 138 v 139. So it's probably a 50/50 on who wins. Your strong T-Rex should win but that still could only be 70 or 80% chance. Unless you try like 10 times you probably can't tell how it works. Spino is no joke - one of the few that can kill a T-Rex. Spino is higher on defense - perhaps that gives a higher chance to not take the first damage. If it's % chance to not take damage instead of less damage taken that would make sense as to why it didn't help him not get 1 shot. Might just have been unlucky.

You could try strong T-Rex vs stock Spino in 10 fights. Then defensive T-Rex vs Spino in 10 fights. You'd probably be able to tell how it works after that. I just haven't done anything like that so I'm not sure.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey Parritron!

The stats that matter in combat are Health, Stamina, Attack and Defense. The total combat ability is Attack + Defense, and while Dominance is closely related to combat ability, it's not the same thing (see below).

Dominance.png

Combat ability is then modified by the dinosaur's current Health and Stamina values. In a one-on-one fight there shouldn't be randomness involved, but Health and Stamina introduces a bit of variability. Did your T. rex have lowered Stamina when it was killed by the Spinosaurus? Or was its health lowered? Diseases and injuries can also cause Health/Stamina to be limited

Top Bottom