I feel I'm completely excluded from material and data gathering in Odyssey 🙁

In a ship though you can gather the majority of materials and data completely safely though and then trade for the rest, so 0% chance of combat. Even interdictions are simple to get away from even for a novice. I'm never in one where even a single shot is fired, they're a bit weedy in my view.

There is Odyssey missions that are combat free and you can gather mats at abandoned outposts and POI on planets.

I just checked, and Domino Green requires only 50ly travel in Apex to unlock, and she provides Extra Backpack and Reduced Tool Power Usage. So no combat needed to unlock her, and you should be able to get all required materials for the modifications as mission rewards.

There is Odyssey missions that are combat free and you can gather mats at abandoned outposts and POI on planets.
But there's isn't, it's widely accepted. Even if it's scavengers turning up and disturbing you, there's not a single method of gathering things in Odyssey that's 100% guaranteed combat-free. Compare this to the main game however and there are loads of them, from Dav's Hope and HIP 12099, to the material farms outside the bubble.

I just checked, and Domino Green requires only 50ly travel in Apex to unlock, and she provides Extra Backpack and Reduced Tool Power Usage. So no combat needed to unlock her, and you should be able to get all required materials for the modifications as mission rewards.
You've still got to gather the materials for the upgrades.

But there's isn't, it's widely accepted. Even if it's scavengers turning up and disturbing you, there's not a single method of gathering things in Odyssey that's 100% guaranteed combat-free. Compare this to the main game however and there are loads of them, from Dav's Hope and HIP 12099, to the material farms outside the bubble.

Widely accepted perhaps but factually wrong in every respect.

So run away. You can here them coming when the show up, and see them when they're already there.
Widely accepted perhaps but factually wrong in every respect.
I know you're both never going to agree with me, but do you think it's right and acceptable to just say to the other person "You're wrong and that's that". There are three different ways people try to prove that they're right and you're wrong these days on the Internet and social media, and you just did one of them.

1. Just say the other person is plain wrong and therefore saying there's no merit to their argument
  2. Finding one obscure point in what they've said and picking it apart until it can be used to undermine (in the poster's view) the entire argument
  3. Shouting the other person down until they agree with you, or just stop posting
None of these are helpful, and sadly some of them (the last two) prove that too many people just think they're right, have nothing to learn from other people, and aren't interested or willing to learn anyway.

Not being funny but if what you're saying was true, other people in this thread wouldn't be agreeing with me, and to be honest, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place. If there's no merit to what I'm saying, why are you even commenting?

Depends on the level of anxiety, really. If it's heightened to the extent that the prospect of getting dropped on by scavengers leads to a panic attack, I'd rather avoid the prospect of trying it all together. If one can stand getting shot at, and it's the prospect of shooting back that causes anxiety then...that opens up some avenues. It all just depends. While everyone might have anxiety, it might not be to the same extent. Everyone's different.

Transport missions can get you loot as mission rewards, but not entirely sure it's at the same level as everyone else, and I'd hardly call it "fair" relative to people who farm settlements for loot. Theoretically, you can also farm mats and trade them at the bartender, but I don't think you'll get all that you need.

There's a valid point here, where in Horizons, people can get the majority of mats without combat, and in Odyssey it's a lot tougher.

I know you're both never going to agree with me, but do you think it's right and acceptable to just say to the other person "You're wrong and that's that". There are three different ways people try to prove that they're right and you're wrong these days on the Internet and social media, and you just did one of them.

1. Just say the other person is plain wrong and therefore saying there's no merit to their argument
  2. Finding one obscure point in what they've said and picking it apart until it can be used to undermine (in the poster's view) the entire argument
  3. Shouting the other person down until they agree with you, or just stop posting
None of these are helpful, and sadly some of them (the last two) prove that too many people just think they're right, have nothing to learn from other people, and aren't interested or willing to learn anyway.

Not being funny but if what you're saying was true, other people in this thread wouldn't be agreeing with me, and to be honest, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place. If there's no merit to what I'm saying, why are oyu even commenting?

If you are saying there is no Odyssey mission or activity that can not be completed free of combat then you are wrong and that is that.

Like I said... Number 1.

I said nothing at all about the merit of your argument and actually, I agree with the premise that there should be more than one way to skin a cat (gather mats).

All I have said is you're factually wrong that there is no risk-free missions/activities currently in Odyssey.

20211017092734_1.jpg

I never said you were wrong (as such, anyway). Rather I provided actual facts.
  • Games are known to be good for facing anxiety. Doesn't mean it works for all (and may not for you), but it's something to consider.
  • Domino Green can be unlocked with 0 combat (and because it's via Apex, 0 chance of combat (so I was slight wrong about that particular point: I forgot Apex shuttles can't be interdicted).
  • Every single material required for upgrades can be had as a mission reward.
Thus is quite possible to get a decent non-combat suit leveled up and modded with no combat requirement. The options are limited, true (no extra battery cap or night vision), but still. doable.

I said nothing at all about the merit of your argument and actually, I agree with the premise that there should be more than one way to skin a cat (gather mats).

All I have said is you're factually wrong that there is no risk-free missions/activities currently in Odyssey.
You can say that as much as you want but it'll never make you right. Quite a few people in this thread have agreed with me, are they wrong too?

I never said you were wrong (as such, anyway). Rather I provided actual facts.
  • Games are known to be good for facing anxiety. Doesn't mean it works for all (and may not for you), but it's something to consider.
  • Domino Green can be unlocked with 0 combat (and because it's via Apex, 0 chance of combat (so I was slight wrong about that particular point: I forgot Apex shuttles can't be interdicted).
  • Every single material required for upgrades can be had as a mission reward.
Thus is quite possible to get a decent non-combat suit leveled up and modded with no combat requirement. The options are limited, true (no extra battery cap or night vision), but still. doable.
I've unlocked Domino Green long ago. That doesn't change the facts though that I still need to gather data and materials to upgrade my suits with her, and that some of the upgrades I'd want for exploration, such as night vision, she doesn't do.

That doesn't change the facts though that I still need to gather data and materials to upgrade my suits with her, and that some of the upgrades I'd want for exploration, such as night vision, she doesn't do.
I pointed that out. But you can buy a suit with nightvision, then upgrade it. All those materials can be had as mission rewards.

Top Bottom