I give up on Titans.

No (zero) issues here either.

Done a couple of solo Titan excursions for each heart, averaging about 50M bonds per heart so far, individual bombing runs anything from between 500k (missed the vents / got lost trying to get around the titan and couldn't get in range / headbutted Titan / other user error) to 12M+.

The only trouble I'm having is the local Titanic defences steadily stepping up their game, with orthrus shutdowns, hunter (I think) missile attacks, swarms and piles of scouts becoming more and more prevalent (especially when NPC pilots are in the instance.) But I assume that's working as intended.
Went to a private group with a friend and started to get the upscaled defense after heart 3 went down.
One run had me tanking 5 interceptors. 2 were hunter class.
Run to the edge of the rocks and wait around in the "safe" zone and they eventually go away.

I hear you. I've done the first two and didn't have any issues. Oya I did three attacks yesterday and only one gave a credit voucher. And of course it's under 2mil.

The only trouble I'm having is the local Titanic defences steadily stepping up their game, with orthrus shutdowns, hunter (I think) missile attacks, swarms and piles of scouts becoming more and more prevalent (especially when NPC pilots are in the instance.) But I assume that's working as intended.
The first heart is the easiest, no question. The arrival of AX NPCs into the instance instantly makes things more difficult because they aren't capable of keeping instance aggression down like coordinated human players can.

No issues whatsoever in Solo. This is only from the last 6 hearts. 3 runs/heart at ~3.3 mil/run.

However, the instance does get increasingly crowded with thargoids after each run.

1713601246354.png

Well, attacking the titan is a waste of time and effort for me in open and solo is just not enjoyable. The list of hangs and issues are too long to repeat here. I'm reminded of the old adage from the 80's 'Program complexity grows until it exceeds the capability of the programmer to maintain it', and with that I'm off to do other elite stuff.

Simply exit to desktop on way out, you have to wait 15 seconds but on relog you are safely out of the titan and can just jump to base/FC.

Oh, that never occurred to me. Where will you be when you log back in then? I'm assuming outside the caustic cloud like when the game crashes?

No (zero) issues here either.

Done a couple of solo Titan excursions for each heart, averaging about 50M bonds per heart so far, individual bombing runs anything from between 500k (missed the vents / got lost trying to get around the titan and couldn't get in range / headbutted Titan / other user error) to 12M+.

Maybe that's what actually shut me down during my encounter. I was shut down moments after the Torus effect started after the Core had retracted again after taking damage. I was fleeing the area, thought I hear a pulse sound effect - assuming it was the Torus, as per information I read - and did the counter. Still shut me down however.

Maybe that's what actually shut me down during my encounter. I was shut down moments after the Torus effect started after the Core had retracted again after taking damage.

The enemy really ups their game as the rings go down. Missiles from hunters / glaives (which now seem to be ambushing me!) can reboot modules or general shutdown, orthrus gating in can emit a shutdown "energy surge" with (it seems) little warning, and (as you may be aware) the torus field itself isn't static but expands, so can catch you up if you aren't still zooming away from it.

Oh, that never occurred to me. Where will you be when you log back in then? I'm assuming outside the caustic cloud like when the game crashes?

Maybe that's what actually shut me down during my encounter. I was shut down moments after the Torus effect started after the Core had retracted again after taking damage. I was fleeing the area, thought I hear a pulse sound effect - assuming it was the Torus, as per information I read - and did the counter. Still shut me down however.
It was sweaty palm time just getting to the titan for me, yes when exited you are outside the titan and its caustic cloud.
I have to get a lot better at being around the Titan, but I feel the defenders around it are like a disturbed wasp nest since U18.03 (quite rightly, I suppose, considering the damage its taking).

The Torus effect is not the Energy Pulse on the way in. There is no defence against it, except to merely drive away perpendicular to the titan when the core closes, no need to even boost.
If you run you should be out of its range in a few seconds and sit there and repair or log off or exit if finished bombing runs.
You can look back and see a blue donut torus and after it is done, drive (not boost) back to the other side for more vents, or just sit there and repair.

I found this Titan to be quite troublesome. My cold ship kept me quite safe before, so I could lurk then dive in and do an attack run. I'd then flee the torus effect with ease, go cold (naturally or heat sink if needed) and lurk once again. This time, I was constantly "found" by ships making a bee-line for me. I.e. I'd leave the immediate area and hang out in the asteroid field, nothing on my (good) scanner. I'd then see unresolved blips heading for me, which would ultimately be revealed as scouts and the odd Interceptor. It's like they could detect me out of my scanner range, despite me being under 20% heat (ship idles at around 17% when in a Titan instance, it's cooler in open space).

Getting shut-down really didn't help. I thought I heard the shut-down pulse noise - must have been an Orthrus I guess - and triggered my counter, but it didn't work. I then seemed to rubber-band back towards the Titan a bit, which was weird.

I found this Titan to be quite troublesome. My cold ship kept me quite safe before, so I could lurk then dive in and do an attack run. I'd then flee the torus effect with ease, go cold (naturally or heat sink if needed) and lurk once again. This time, I was constantly "found" by ships making a bee-line for me. I.e. I'd leave the immediate area and hang out in the asteroid field, nothing on my (good) scanner. I'd then see unresolved blips heading for me, which would ultimately be revealed as scouts and the odd Interceptor. It's like they could detect me out of my scanner range, despite me being under 20% heat (ship idles at around 17% when in a Titan instance, it's cooler in open space).

Getting shut-down really didn't help. I thought I heard the shut-down pulse noise - must have been an Orthrus I guess - and triggered my counter, but it didn't work. I then seemed to rubber-band back towards the Titan a bit, which was weird.
Yep, on Wednesday I did my 2M easily and at quite leisurely pace - I could sit there and they would be almost like 'on patrol' like system police around my FC.
Now if they see anything at all - Charge! - and call in reinforcements.
Note I am also at 18% and not using boost (only boost on bombing run on vents and to the core)

Yep, on Wednesday I did my 2M easily and at quite leisurely pace - I could sit there and they would be almost like 'on patrol' like system police around my FC.
Now if they see anything at all - Charge! - and call in reinforcements.
Note I am also at 18% and not using boost (only boost on bombing run on vents and to the core)

That matches my experience with the prior Titan, being cool was the key. I could literally bide my time and feel perfectly safe. This time, they acted like they could see me, despite being cold. If I stow weapons - which I do between runs - my ships drops to 15%, which is pretty chilly I thought.

For the Thargoids to get more frantic the more damage the Titan takes makes sense. However, their uncanny ability to detect me all of a sudden threw me a bit.

I have made 30mil from bombing runs on Oya. As the hearts go down, it definitely gets spicier. But it was fun, no issues for me. Cya Oya

Cool. Is Oya still alive? I doubt I'll have any time today, not until late this evening (like at least ten hours away) I did my part I suppose, but the instance was miss-behaving. Is Friday eve a peek gaming time or something? I'd usually be out but had a night in for a change.

Top Bottom