I hate this "do your chores" approach of MMO

But, other MMOs have things like story line, inter-character relationship and so on in bedded in the game play. Elite dangerous have non of that, so the end-game is to get a bigger ship. Otherwise you may well being wondering around with no goal or purpose.
You just don't read to the end of my answer.
The game will be in development for at least another 3-4 years, so what we have at the moment, not the whole content. So, "keep calm and enjoy the game".
Better compare list implemented at the time of release, with a list of what has been done at the moment and try to imagine how much time you would have spent to implement this.

The game is in development. At the moment, implementing the basic mechanics of the game. Take for example the game "starcraft", the development of a "game engine" took a few years, and to draw a "new map" will take half an hour.
Why should we pay for the "raw game"?
We pay for the fact that the gameplay became even better. Speaking about "gameplay", in some games you can see much less content, and developers does not plan to change it.
"Elite dangerous" is a game with great potential, we just have to wait for the full content.
And one more thing, the players that will buy the game after 2020, will take it at a much lower price than it will cost for playing players, and rightly so, because we (who have bought the game already) have access to the game already.

You think it's a joke. Just look at Twitch - 600+ watching SC, Elite is lucky to break 200 viewers now.

I was merely referring to the fact, that Star Citizen is still in a Alpha Techdemo state which might take another year or two to be finished, while our beloved Elite is already a playable game.

You just don't read to the end of my answer.

Better compare list implemented at the time of release, with a list of what has been done at the moment and try to imagine how much time you would have spent to implement this.

The game is in development. At the moment, implementing the basic mechanics of the game. Take for example the game "starcraft", the development of a "game engine" took a few years, and to draw a "new map" will take half an hour.
Why should we pay for the "raw game"?
We pay for the fact that the gameplay became even better. Speaking about "gameplay", in some games you can see much less content, and developers does not plan to change it.
"Elite dangerous" is a game with great potential, we just have to wait for the full content.
And one more thing, the players that will buy the game after 2020, will take it at a much lower price than it will cost for playing players, and rightly so, because we (who have bought the game already) have access to the game already.

What are you talking about?? This is not something that haven't been made. This is something that has been made and they took away from us.

As I've stated before: You are NOT the hero in this sim. You will never be. You are a worker drone...moving stuff from here to there. ED is more a job simulator.
Good to know that I'm not the only one calling on the "blaze your trail" promise ^_^ no blazing involved here aside blazing time into the void.

Too bad to find out about this though, I liked doing some cargo missions with my ASPX or Python when I'm in the bubble. Guess I'll have to limit it to smuggling again then, just when cargo missions were actually alternatives to doing them the illegal way.

Top Bottom