i have a probleme with the toolkit

i us blender i have fbx and 2 image the same 1for icone and 1 for texture
normaly i have all thing for but i dont no why it cant open

It would probably be easiest if you just attached your Zip-File to this thread so someone can check it. Everything else is just guesswork.

Also, what is the exact error message in TMTK?

Unable to extract build resources from zip file. [ugcExtract] it's the error message and i give my zip for help
(dont judge my 3d object lol) and its normal i have 2 3d model if 1 cant be open

Attachments

• blue wanderland staue .zip
    330.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Okay, managed to get it open. First, check your naming...you have "icôn.png" remove the accent and make it "icon.jpg". There are two different fbx files, each with different names and one with capital letters...how many fbx should you have for this one sign? There are no proper textures assigned - like blue wonderland sign_BC. Is this sign just have a black background or does it use an alpha texture to just outline the characters? If so that's missing as well. The toolkit can't open the zip file because it finds things that shouldn't be there and things that should be there are missing.

Check YouTube for a series of tutorials done by Ms.RedNebula for the TMTK, she covers all the different setting needed for textures, she really helped me understand what was needed.

Attached is a zip for a simple wall I did to compare...

Don't give up, it can be frustrating at first, but once you successfully import your first object it will get easier and easier!

Attachments

• BlueTile01.zip
    716.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
i view this tutorial and i do my fxb with this tuto but i remake my ,zip but he cant be open again i don't no the problem i have all things because i use your zip for exemple and i do mine but i dont no what the probleme come frome exactly
i join my file for

Last edited:
My system reports your "zip" file to contain "RAR archive data, v5". It should however be Zip Archive Data. I suspect you use something like WinRar to create a RAR archive and just rename that? This is not how you create a valid zip file.

Windows got the correct compression built in: Select all relevant files -> Rightclick -> Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder.

Mon système signale que votre fichier « zip » contient « RAR archive data, v5 ». Il devrait cependant s’agir de Données d’archive Zip. Je soupçonne que vous utilisez quelque chose comme WinRar pour créer une archive RAR et la renommer? Ce n’est pas ainsi que vous créez un fichier zip valide.

Windows a la compression correcte intégrée: Sélectionnez tous les fichiers pertinents -> faites un clic droit -> Envoyer vers -> dossier compressé (zippé).
yes i use win rar its probably the problem and i do not with win rar and i have "No render mesh found for level : {'Level': 1.2.3.4.5} and i dont no how to do that

Last edited:
"i have "No render mesh found for level : {'Level': 1.2.3.4.5} and i dont no how to do that"

Did you create the five copies of your mesh to make the required LOD's, and then selected each of them to be part of your .fbx file?

i finally arrive to make my zip but i dont have a picture but i have the object with no picture
so what can i resolv that???

Last edited:
So the object imported correctly but there is no texture on it? Correct?

You'll need to go back and double check things like making sure the texture name is correct and matches both the name used on the texture file as well as the name assigned to it in Blender. If your object is a cube, make sure the correct faces are on the outside. You are using Blender?

You can attach your files here again and someone can double-check them for you...

yes i use blender and yes i give my zip
i give all things i use and my 3d file
normaly i named my texture like the png

Attachments

• BLUE WONDERLAND STATUE.zip
    499 KB · Views: 86
I'll look a little more deeply later today, but at first glance it looks like your textures aren't sized correctly. Remember they need to sized to the 'power of two'...32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048. Your textures are sized at 452 X 347...

Your icon is also 452X347...resize it to 128X128 or 256X256

In Blender the texture name you add can just be "Title01"...you can leave off the "_BC" part because that's not required in Blender, only in the TMTK editor.

[...]

In Blender the texture name you add can just be "Title01"...you can leave off the "_BC" part because that's not required in Blender, only in the TMTK editor.

Just to be clear, it's not only a matter of can, it is a matter of must. TMTK will search your zip for <material_name><suffix> files. If you name your material "Title01_BC", none of the files match the pattern "Title01_BC<suffix>". You need to fix the material name for the texture to work.

Apart from that, adjust the texture dimensions as Wagi recommended. The icon.png should be square, the remaining textures can have unequal dimensions, but both width and height need to be powers of two.

Just to be clear, it's not only a matter of can, it is a matter of must. TMTK will search your zip for <material_name><suffix> files. If you name your material "Title01_BC", none of the files match the pattern "Title01_BC<suffix>". You need to fix the material name for the texture to work.
Thanks Gohax, I wasn't 100% sure that it was a must or not, only that nothing I've made included the suffix in Blender, so glad that you confirmed that - much appreciated!

ok but i don't no how because is the 3d dimension or juste the png
i named my material juste title01 and my png title01_bc so is not the name it 's just dimention but i don't no who
i redimensioned my png for texture but it's can be loded but no texture again but if it's the 3d i don't no how i don't understand very good

Last edited:
I attached a fixed version if your model to this post. Inside the attached archive you find an updated .blend file as well as the updated textures and a TMTK-ready zip file "statue_updated.zip". Steps to reproduce:
  1. In Blender, rename the material to "Title01".
  2. Scale "Title01_BC.png" and "Title01_SM.png" to 512x512 pixels, without preserving the aspect ratio. As UV coordinates are normalized to [0,1], we do not need to adjust the UV coordinates in Blender.
  3. Scale "icon.png" to 256x197 (this keeps the aspect ratio), and then extend to 256x256, filling the additional blank space with transparent pixels.

You may not be able to open my .blend file as we apparently use different Blender versions, but as I described all steps above this should not matter. If you upload the contained "statue_updated.zip" file to TMTK, you should get a working object.

Attachments

• BlueWonderland.zip
    905.4 KB · Views: 89
Top Bottom