Ships I have an A rated battle Anaconda, should I "upgrade" to a Corvette?

As the title says, I've been kicking around in this Conda for a while and I'm looking for a change. Is it an upgrade to the Corvette, or just a sideways move? :rolleyes: I have $600M in the bank and the rank for it. TIA.

For combat, it's an upgrade, though the Anaconda is better at pretty much everything else.

You can use your Anaconda modules for the Corvette. Since you have the rank and money, I say go ahead and buy the Corvette, stick your Anaconda modules on it, and see how you like it.

A friend shortly told me that he was surprised how I blew up Anacondas like balloons with My Federal Corvette. You can move nearly all parts of your Anaconda over to the vette. The same shield and boosters will offer you a lot more strengh in the Federal Corvette. My shield rised from 5500 to 7000 MJ only by moving it over to my new vette. On the other hand the Anaconda feels far more real because it feels so heavy. The Federal Corvette always feels too agile for its size.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I think I'll go and pick one up, move the engineered modules over from the Conda (where it makes sense) and see how she flies!

Just put the modules over to the Corvette and turn your Conda into a long range explorer\ transporter\ taxi.
Or get yourself 4 advanced plasma accelerators and enjoy the deadly fireworks.
But the Corvette has the larger funfactor - I mean who doesn't want his football stadium handle like a F16?

I've been flying a Corvette for several months now as my main ship after spending a couple years with the Anaconda.

The main differences:

Corvette Pros:
  • better shields and more room for big SCBs.
  • generally more durable in PVP

Corvette Cons:
  • Abysmal jump range
  • Limited optimal weapon loadout choices, however the top mounted C4s only give the illusion of higher DPS

Anaconda Pros:
  • Better DPS
  • Better Weapon Convergence
  • Overall better hard point placement for a variety of builds
  • Best jump range in the game

Anaconda Cons:
  • The least durable of the big 3 in PVP, but still quite tough

CONCLUSION

For PVE, there really isn't much of a downside to flying a Conda unless you like going head to head with swarms of police, the Corvette defensive capabilities are overkill, and the better hardpoint placement, options, and cumulative DPS on the Conda makes it a more lethal predator of NPCs.

The main reason I fly the Corvette is honestly the aesthetics. If you swapped the ship skins, and rearranged the hardpoints like an Anaconda, I'd fly that ship in a heart beat.

Last edited:
After flying the Vette my Conda just sat... then I sold it.

Flying a Conda is like being the captain of an oil tanker. It even looks like an oil tanker from the helm.

The Federal Corvette is even more fun than the Anaconda. Only downside is the jump range.

This 100%. Some people might be able to min/max all the stats and come out saying the anaconda is better (which I don't know, I hear that it is better then the vette at overall dps though) but as for fun?

Not many would say the anaconda is funner to pilot then the corvette. It looks, sounds, feels, and handles better IMO.

It's also a much more distinctive and rare ship to see to make you stand out.

I love exploration in this game. But despite having so much time spent out there everytime I'm in the bubble i'm in my corvette 99% of the time.

I have to disagree with this. Its at best a sidegrade. Ziljan summarises it perfectly, in my eyes, the Corvette is inferior to the Anaconda.

I have to disagree with this. People who think the Anaconda has better DPS seem to be assuming that all hardpoints are hitting all of the time. I also disagree with the idea that the Anaconda has better hardpoint convergence. Also, the Corvette is much better defensively.

Anaconda Pros:
  • Better DPS
  • Better Weapon Convergence
  • Overall better hard point placement for a variety of builds

I don't know about the HP placement and DPS against the Corvette...
Yeah the Conda allways has some weapons shooting at a target, but the Corvettes massive angle of the Huge HPs enables them to shoot at nearly every situation at a target.
So, while the Conda is likely to be able to "broadside targets" and losing 2-3 HP damage at most angles the Corvette can easily "spear" them with all HPs at the same time thanks to it's agility and most importantly with both of the Huge HPs allways hitting... 2 huge gimbaled beamlasers are very effective.

If combat tickles your fancy then definitely but I'd get quite a few million more credits, so you can outfit it anyway you want and have rebuys

As the title says, I've been kicking around in this Conda for a while and I'm looking for a change. Is it an upgrade to the Corvette, or just a sideways move? :rolleyes: I have $600M in the bank and the rank for it. TIA.

The Corvette has heavier armor and slightly bigger weapons plus a bit more cargo space. The handling in X/Y/Z is basically comparable depending on mods and fittings. The Corvette (unmodified) has abysmal jump range.
That being said, I bought mine because I grinded (ground?) hard for it (it was a goal) and my own KAOS Theory just looks cool, especially in chrome:
Eu6crlc.jpg

EDIT: Just realized I had re-named her . . .

Last edited:
The Federal Corvette is even more fun than the Anaconda. Only downside is the jump range.

Best thing I did for my 'vette was buy an obscenely expensive fuel scoop for it.

The jump range is still lousy but it hops from system to system so quickly that the jump range doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom