I hope FD fixes the hole in the Cobra's cockpit.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Its not just the Cobra, I found the same in the Courier last week (after only about a 1,000 hours of looking at it...). https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/459511-Courier-cockpit-needs-repair-(Model-clipping-). Maybe you Federation types need a more enlightened approach ;-)

Dear Gutamaya,
I believe the local repair crews at my station might be skimming on the materials they use when my ship comes in from the local combat zone. This is such a disappointment. My fellow pilots and I have spent so much time defending our good faction from the Thargoids, from the incursions of those less enlightened factions, let us not even mention the wage slaves in the federation, and yet when I come to collect my beautiful ship from the repair bay I find myself still see right through to the docking bay floor.
As the organisation with the most reputation to lose from these sub-standard repairs, I wonder if could impose on your time to ensure that the processes that the repair teams work to could possibly be updated with clearer instructions for the remaining crew working here. You may also find that your excellent staff training program for the slaves employed by the repair crews here is in a little more demand than usual. I am sure the staffing will return to normal levels once the culprit has been found, but until he/she comes forward I am left with little choice but to pick one of the crew at random with each failed repair attempt. They do at least briefly seem to understand just how an important issue this is for me, but when I really press the point they seem unable to express that satisfactorily and just fall to pieces. My armourer has never been so busy maintaining the fine edge of my Sabre.
If you would like to advise me of the location of the Gutamaya home world, I would be happy to drop off a delivery of slaves to you as a gesture of goodwill and to allow you to restock. It would also allow me to take you to lunch and then pass on my feelings directly to you to ensure that my point gets your fullest attention.
Anyway, I am sure that you are of course currently very busy getting to the bottom of this, so I end this missive now confident that you will be striving on my behalf.

Yours humble servant,
Cmdr AlSki
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

I'll update the bug report later with a picture of it against a bright yellow star. :p

Interesting I'll check it out in VR later, I have a Cobra III hot stacked in my home station.

TBH I like quirks like that though :D

Proof FD just don't read the bug forum? I like to think so ... :D

Yup 10 days and counting...

Which is why I hate it when bug/suggestion threads get closed or moved ASAP to these graveyard forums.

Is it a hole, or a clipping issue? When I've been looking about in the past I had minor clipping issues with the cockpit struts.

Proof FD just don't read the bug forum? I like to think so ... :D

ATM QA is much more acative in the beta bug report forum: some of the bugs reported in the live section will have been fixed anyway, and understandably fixing bugs in the new features they're about to release has a much higher priority.

If the OP hasn't received an acknowledgement a month or two after the release of 3.3, they should bump (or recreate) the thread as very occasionally some slip through, but that's rare. QA did quickly acknowledge my report about holes in the pilot's seat, but there was no public beta to work on then, and if they were working on fixing issues reported internally with 3.2 it was probably not on the same scale as the 3.3 beta.

ATM QA is much more acative in the beta bug report forum: some of the bugs reported in the live section will have been fixed anyway, and understandably fixing bugs in the new features they're about to release has a much higher priority.

If the OP hasn't received an acknowledgement a month or two after the release of 3.3, they should bump (or recreate) the thread as very occasionally some slip through, but that's rare. QA did quickly acknowledge my report about holes in the pilot's seat, but there was no public beta to work on then, and if they were working on fixing issues reported internally with 3.2 it was probably not on the same scale as the 3.3 beta.

There are 1,846 threads and 7,014 posts in the beta 3.3 bug reporting forum, I guess they got a lot of work.

I thank Braben for people who are so dedicated to one ship that they can spot deadly safety issues like this in time, before someone gets killed!

We can't be too hard on Frontier over this. NASA and the Russians have a lot more money to spend on getting things right than Frontier ever will. Yet didn't the International Space Station also recently turn out to have a hole in it?

Yet didn't the International Space Station also recently turn out to have a hole in it?

Do not confuse micro meteorite damage with lack of hull plating or insulation. If ISS got new module with one window missing then it'd be valid point. We still need lots of time before FDEVs implement that kind of environmental damage detail.

Do not confuse micro meteorite damage with lack of hull plating or insulation. If ISS got new module with one window missing then it'd be valid point. We still need lots of time before FDEVs implement that kind of environmental damage detail.

Actually, the reports I saw suggested that somebody drilled a hole where they shouldn't have then it was simply covered up, in both senses of the expression, instead of being repaired properly.

They certainly didn't submit a report to NASA's Bugs Forum!

Top Bottom