I´m going to tell you a story

It happened at the site of the alien ship wreck. I had parked my asp explorer not too far from the wreck and was searching the place for some unknown artifacts in the srv. Then I received the message "ship under attack". I see a hollow triangle in the radar. By the time I have selected the ship, my asp (with D rated everything) has been destroyed. The ship is an anaconda, piloted by no less than a mostly harmless cmdr. Look at these noobs, I thought.
And waited hidden in my srv among the rubble, there was nothing else I could do. I´ve learnt that the srvs don´t appear in the sensors. It´s true. The guy has deployed his srv and is driving clumsily in my direction. I wait, knowing now that he or she is absolutely ignorant of my presence there. I start thinking that this jolly coward could have a nasty surprise here. I´m sure of it.

Hastily I find my place behind a small promontory and wait for him. As soon as he passes by I deploy my turret and start firing. He runs and hides behind the rubble. This is awesome! If you ever have been at the crash site you know that it can feel very much like the stage for a western movie. Suddenly an alien planet had become a desert in Arizona...

But that was it. The guy, whoever it was, just wet his pants and logged out, his srv and anaconda gone in an instant.

I am so sorry that my capturing device wasn´t ready to make a video of it. Lesson learned: I must start my obs studio ALWAYS when I play this game.

About the poor soul who couldn´t cope with the beauty of the moment, well I hope he may when he knows where he is

Last edited:
I'm sorry you had to lose your ship to a cowardly snowflake like that but I enjoyed reading your story none the less :)

Destroying someone's empty and defenceless ship and then pulling the plug because his SRV got shot... *smh*

48434513.jpg

What a total sarlacc hole. To bad we don't have a way to hunt down CMDRs like this across the galaxy.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you send it my way as well? Strictly for innocuos purposes of course :)

sad story indeed, sad you didn't have the guy on video.

the "mostly harmless" quote made me tick though. I'd really like if only the best rank was displayed, the guy could be elite trader, and perfectly fit in a conda (I'm exaggerating there, I doubt it was somethin more than a noob but you see the point). But for the rest of the world, he'll always be that "mostly harmless" guy.
I've clear saved a few times. I'm no dedicated combat pilot, doing occasional bounty hunting, so ranks grow slowly on this part.

I almost always finish in a conda, earned by weeks of trading in a python then T-9. And there is always someone to tell me in open "You're in a conda and you're just competent/expert X_X' ???"
I always want to answer 'Well... If you're gonna go this way, mind your sothis corvette's business will you...', to loop the prejudice forever.

haha, rant over, nice story anyway!

Last edited:
I don't mind too much about the CL, but what kind of scum blows up a defenseless unmanned ship? Some people should have their Anacondas forcibly taken away from them.

Ok, before more people want to receive a pm: I can´t remember the cmdr´s name and neither did I take a screenshot when i had the chance. I swear I said to my voice attack "take picture", but it didn´t happen. More lessons learned
@Bryan K obviously, the kind of scum who can't appreciate the beauty of gaming

Last edited:
Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air.

If were telling stories, and in some way this might relate to the OP's noobs in Anaconda's.

I log into discord this morning and some chap is asking how to make cash in his Anaconda, but its not that well fitted, ok I think the chap must off just got it, So various suggestions are put forward mine being trade as he wants low risk high reward.

Now the alarm bells start ringing when he ask's about CZ, and should he go into one, yeah you can go into one but its not recommended with a Anaconda thats isnt fitted for combat. So I suggest maybe sell the Anaconda and down grade to a Python, this is well the palm doesn't just hit the face but starts to slap it about repeatedly.

One the chap does not how to fit a Python, ok understandable if you've not flown one before, but when you hear him say he doesn't now what mods are the best ones because by his own admission he is still a newb, and then questions someone telling him to E fit it all round like its a good thing. I fear all hope is lost.

Sorry to divert from the OP and that was tale in it own. but thought Id share.

I am so sorry that my capturing device wasn´t ready to make a video of it. Lesson learned: I must start my obs studio ALWAYS when I play this game.

About the poor soul who couldn´t cope with the beauty of the moment, well I hope he may when he knows where he is

You should also remember to dismiss your vessel.

I don't mind too much about the CL, but what kind of scum blows up a defenseless unmanned ship? Some people should have their Anacondas forcibly taken away from them.

A backwards and contradictory statement! Blowing up unmanned ships is explicitly not against the rules, disconnecting to save a yourself is.

Also, how am I supposed to take away their Anaconda by force if they just disconnect on me?

Ok, before more people want to receive a pm: I can´t remember the cmdr´s name and neither did I take a screenshot when i had the chance.

Not even part of it?

That's unfortunate. Would be interesting to hear this CMDRs rationale before destroying his or her ship.

One the chap does not how to fit a Python, ok understandable if you've not flown one before, but when you hear him say he doesn't now what mods are the best ones because by his own admission he is still a newb, and then questions someone telling him to E fit it all round like its a good thing. I fear all hope is lost.

This is what happens when things like verisimilitude, economy, and any sense of pacing or progression are sacrificed on the altar of fan service and "quality of life".

This is what happens when things like verisimilitude, economy, and any sense of pacing or progression are sacrificed on the altar of fan service and "quality of life".

Aye I agree getting your first Anaconda use to mean something.

So what happened to the kind of OP who lost his ship whil being in the srv?

1. how would he be able to get off from there?
2. what would happen if the OP log off and on again after his ship been destroyed?
3. what would happen if he switched to non horizon launcher?

Since I never experienced such.

Last edited:

2. what would happen if the OP log off and on again after his ship been destroyed?

Hmm... I might try those things in the next beta.

1. Not supposed to be able to (see 3). When the SRV is finally destroyed (probably when the OP self destructs) the OP will go to a rebuy screen.
2. The OP would log back into the SRV.
3. As of 2.2.02 there was an unpatched exploit where logging into the Horizons launcher would put you back in your ship as if it had never been destroyed. This is not intended behavior. I am not sure if it's still possible in 2.2.03.

Last edited:
The act itself is reprehensible, cowardly, but not against the rules. Makes you wonder what side the rules favor (unintended consequences?) because the injured party has no recourse.

What is truly amazing is this Dirty Dingus McGee's thought process whereby he justifies this act.

Hard way to be reminded never leave your ship on the surface while prospecting (which I have done for short periods of time).

your mistakes = before leaving ship weapons should be set on fire at will. I had parked my python while I was scouting, I got alert ship is under attack. I turned to face my ship and the next thing I saw was attacking ship exploding! ships can defend themselves.
alternatively you could have dismissed ship when it came under attack!

If were telling stories, and in some way this might relate to the OP's noobs in Anaconda's.

I log into discord this morning and some chap is asking how to make cash in his Anaconda, but its not that well fitted, ok I think the chap must off just got it, So various suggestions are put forward mine being trade as he wants low risk high reward.

Now the alarm bells start ringing when he ask's about CZ, and should he go into one, yeah you can go into one but its not recommended with a Anaconda thats isnt fitted for combat. So I suggest maybe sell the Anaconda and down grade to a Python, this is well the palm doesn't just hit the face but starts to slap it about repeatedly.

Sorry to divert from the OP and that was tale in it own. but thought Id share.

E fitting is the new rage. Everyone is doing it!

... all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became mad at a CMDR that was scared

In west Erevate born and raised
On the planets was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some roids to get me some fuel
When an Anaconda was up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
He got in one little fight and the guy got scared
He said: I'm logging out because I am unprepared.

*musical interlude*

your mistakes = before leaving ship weapons should be set on fire at will. I had parked my python while I was scouting, I got alert ship is under attack. I turned to face my ship and the next thing I saw was attacking ship exploding! ships can defend themselves.
alternatively you could have dismissed ship when it came under attack!

I'm guessing that his D rated asp probably didn't have turrets fitted, but I never knew you could do that. Tx for the tip - I'll certainly be switching them on from now on.

It's been said, but dismissing your ship as soon as you launch the SRV really is the thing to do. Commiserations on running into a moron and kudos for playing in open.

How does someone obtain enough credits to own a Anaconda but doesn't understand the basics. The only conclusion is that credits were bought at the cash for credit sights. Unless another plausible explanation can be presented.

Is this real or fake news? [video]https://www.pcgamesn.com/elite-dangerous/elite-dangerous-the-life-of-a-space-billionaire[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom