Newcomer / Intro I need your help Commanders! Big problem to scan megaships or installations.. :(

Yes, what Para has said makes perfect sense now.

@RHAD0X - You can only scan "installations" or "megaships". Not everything is an "installation". The structure from your first screenshot is a dry dock for Capital Class battle ships (which are completely different to a scannable megaship - as opposed to a capital ship).

There are many other types of locations (this goes for both planetary and orbital), some are dockable, some are not, some are scannable, some are not etc. Each type is denoted by a specific icon in your Navigation tab. Once you learn what each symbol means - you'll know 100% what's what.
Thank you for your reply!

Yeah you are right! It's been a long time since I scanned installations. As I mentioned, I took a long break. It is of course absolutely plausible that some installations were not relevant for scanning. But even the "very safe" installations puzzled me that evening. It was definitely a bug because even the last mentioned installation and others that should definitely work just didnt work for a scan. That was also the reason why I was completely stunned. Maybe it was the combination of my procedure with a more distant system or something like that. I can only speculate. But unfortunately it would not have solved by itself. No matter what it was. It helped

Top Bottom