CQC I used to think I sucked at CQC

Yep, exactly.

That's what I mean by "like an Aston Martin" too lol

It's funny, in a racing game the general consensus was the Zagato "stunk." I took that car and broke all the derogatory stereotypes for her... and started using it as a mule in its class - rating other car's performance based on it.

I feel VJ's videos did that for the Ferdie as well. Making her a specialized ship, breaking constraints and preconceived barriers.

I'd love to see what he could do for CQC/ARENA
tl;dr more guilt laying lol

Last edited:
I found the largest contributing factor for me was to upgrade my PC and enjoy 100+ fps. I used to play ED at around 30fps on Ultra and found it just fine but always did poorly in CQC. Silly me.

I used to think I sucked at CQC, but then I realized that having a HOTAS probably gives me an advantage over 80% of players who are playing with controllers or keyboards.

Agreed. As probably in the real game it could be an advantage flying with mouse/keyboard especially with FA-off, it is in Arena definitely an advantage to use a Hotas.

I used to think I sucked at CQC, but then I realized that having a HOTAS probably gives me an advantage over 80% of players who are playing with controllers or keyboards.

Depends on the Hotas. My X52 Pro has tried to kill me on many occasions. Can't wait till I can replace it with a setup that isn't a buggy piece of junk. Many times, my mouse stops tracking properly when the joystick is plugged in, so I actually have to unplug the Hotas so I can use my mouse again. Makes the system map very "interesting"...

Top Bottom