I wanna ask a huge favor of the game devs for the nonbinary community

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Non-binary does not seem like a gender identification. It seems like a statement of not identifying. They and them does not imply an absence of male or female gender. It includes all genders.

It isn't really relevant to me and other people's choice of pronouns is not a hot issue for me. I just point this out because I cringe at the usage of they or them to imply it excludes male or female. I don't agree with whoever started this custom.

View attachment 210733yup, and here is a fine example of 2 fasces, with Joe Biden sat between them as Obama gives a speech.

That's interesting and I'm guessing because that's in the US Capitol or Senate (ignorant European here) which is based on Classical Rome architecturally.

As a contrast the UK parliament is based on Gothic architecture (despite being built in er, 18 something?)

Both are overtly political statements, but I'll avoid interpreting the political agenda as that's Not Allowed.

Last edited:
Don't come at me with the etymological fallacy. There's a difference between an etymology and a definition. You don't have to share bread with someone to be their companion, and if you're in charge of the bread, you're not automatically a lord. We've been specifically warned a couple of times now not to get bogged down with wider issues of real-world politics, so I'm not going to get into an argument about definitions of specific political movements. I was simply observing that such definitions have a necessary connection with historical sources - using them as rhetorical bludgeons is a widespread political vice that helps no-one

Oh I was being quite accurate and specific. People trip up on their understanding of fascism that it is limited to far-right movements or requiring the presence of nationalism.

I believe it was George Orwell who predicted that the next time fascism would rise to dominance it would be on the left.

If you understand what fascism is, you would see that there are many major factions in Elite that are fascist.

Perhaps even the imperium itself.

1. A group is defined and elevated in worth/importance/intelligence/something above those outside it

2. The doctrine of the group is not to be questioned, challanged or critically examined

3. Enforcement is used to keep those who subscribe to the doctrine of 1 mind, and recruit new members (wrong think will be punished - join us or suffer)

I dunno about you, but when you consider everything that's gone on with the marlinists..... I'm just glad I fly a tricked out vette and not one of those imperial i-ships

I know of no other interactions where we're asked and demanded to deny plain reality. That's probably the "pushback" in this.

Which reality does gender refer to? It doesn't refer to biological differences. I thought it might refer to sexual preference but I was made aware that gender identification doesn't have to equal sexual preference, e.g. non-binary doesn't equal bi-sexual.

Which reality does gender refer to? It doesn't refer to biological differences. I thought it might refer to sexual preference but I was made aware that gender identification doesn't have to equal sexual preference, e.g. non-binary doesn't equal bi-sexual.
Asking the wrong guy here. For my entire life, and that of the human race, gender was the same as a persons biological sex.

Woke up one day and suddenly people said it was all fluid and there were dozens and dozens of "genders".

/shrug

Well have to say that whole "you can identify as whatever you want stuff" is kind of inconsistent. Say somebody identifies as God or some historical person, and well even nowadays that usually leads to forced intake of some interesting medicines. Where is the difference? It certainly is not in "denying objective reality"-department. Though perhaps objective reality is overrated, as nowadays in certain parts of world they teach to children that there are not "correct" answers even to mathematical problems. As traditional objective mathematics is "racist" according to some wokesters. Whole western world seems to be more and more like mental asylym were inmates are having keys instead of staff. I don't know what awaits at end of this road, but I certainly have suspicions that it is not going to be one happy utopy....

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
What the hell happened to this thread?!
The usual.
To the Op: Thank you for your suggestion.

This thread has, as usual on this topic, strayed far away from discussing the game itself.

Closing, as the broader discussion is not something that belongs on a forum discussion a game, as has been evidenced by the numerous reports and instances of forum members becoming offended by the subject and by moderation actions.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom