I wish for an Alliance Battleship

It should be a ship that can be reached with a rank like the Imperial Cutter or the Federal Corvette. And also a size like the Federal Corvette or Imperial Cutter. A large ship with the resemblance of an Alliance Chieftains or its other series. Nicely armed and in white. I would think it fair that there would be something like that since there is for the Empire and Federation.

I think that was supposed to be the type-10, but to date I've not seen anyone prefer it to any of the big 3. Heck, the fact they're still called the big 3 should say enough on that subject.
The question then would be what would the battleship do that isn't already done by another? You've got the cutter for trade and tankiness, anaconda for jump range and firepower, corvette for maneuverability and (imo) the best for combat... What should this battleship do better than the rest?

I think that was supposed to be the type-10, but to date I've not seen anyone prefer it to any of the big 3. Heck, the fact they're still called the big 3 should say enough on that subject.
The question then would be what would the battleship do that isn't already done by another? You've got the cutter for trade and tankiness, anaconda for jump range and firepower, corvette for maneuverability and (imo) the best for combat... What should this battleship do better than the rest?
It doesn't really need to do anything better than anything else - it's another option to choose from!

The Alliance series of ships combines all the good. No negative aspects but also none that are overly good but rather balanced. Good shields, good armor, good maneuverability, good cargo space, good firepower. Just a healthy mix of everything. But nothing that stands out from the other 3 ships so far.

The Alliance series of ships combines all the good. No negative aspects but also none that are overly good but rather balanced. Good shields, good armor, good maneuverability, good cargo space, good firepower. Just a healthy mix of everything. But nothing that stands out from the other 3 ships so far.

For example, I fly Alliance Chieftain 10% other ships 90% of the time when I play during the day. Because he is not weak but not too strong. It holds up well but not too much either, it's just right. It is fast but still not too sluggish

Yes. After 1500 hours, the Chieftain - for me - ended up outshining everything else. Tremendous ship.

Don’t completely write off the T10, though. Not what you’re looking for, I understand. But try a niche build like a torpedo boat. Literally and figuratively a blast.

Yes. After 1500 hours, the Chieftain - for me - ended up outshining everything else. Tremendous ship.

Don’t completely write off the T10, though. Not what you’re looking for, I understand. But try a niche build like a torpedo boat. Literally and figuratively a blast.
I love the Chieftain and i would be happy to see this Version as a BIG One

well lets see by their nature dreadnought class (aka battleships) have stupid thick armour and stupid long range guns but cant turn when you need them too and cant hit anything close. I am sure they could make something that fits the bill.

Isn't it the Anaconda? The lore blurb about the Anaconda even mentioned that it is adopted by Independent Navies in a Frigate or Light Cruiser role.

I'd love to see a big ship for the Alliance, I'd call it the Alliance Centurion. It would rival the Corvette, Cutter and Anaconda, being a bit better or worse in certain areas compared to the other three.

Likelyhood of this actually happening is near zero though, after the Oddessy debacle and general lack of player fulfillment. FDev has decided much different things then what is inline with players wants for the future of elite.

I thought the thing with the Alliance is that they technically have no military/fleet, just a collection of planetary defence forces and space patrol militias, so it'd kinda make no sense for them to have a dedicated corvette type ship.

Top Bottom