I'd play in Open - if I could find wing NOW! thread.

Does this sound like you Commander?

I thought in the absence of a crime and punishment system that encourages play in open, this might go some way to make that right.

Here is a little pro-forma to help find a wing.

I'm currently located in :
Today I'll be flying an :
I'd travel this far to wing up : LY
I'm up for the profession of :
and want to take in the role of :
My current rank in this is :

Last edited:
Planetside one had a feature where you could advertise for squad members. You could also link three squads to form a platoon. Much needed features methinks. Oh I forgot instancing would really show its cracks.

I'd play in Open - if I could find wing NOW! thread.

No still wouldn't make me want to play in open past when I do play and its not that often.. but.

Sometimes when you log into this site there is a message, Welcome Cmdr such and such and in that there is the blurb about the discord sever for ED. There is a looking for a wing section in there.

Good idea tho

Last edited:
Considering its potential to be used to locate targets or bait people into ambushes, it seems like it would be a more useful feature after C&P gets introduced.

There should be matchmaking. You select activity you want to do and where (100 to 200 ly radius) and then it would match make you into wing with someone who is in range and want to do same activity. Like in an other MMO.

Considering its potential to be used to locate targets or bait people into ambushes, it seems like it would be a more useful feature after C&P gets introduced.

Hi, I'm in a Type 9 I'm looking for a trader partner for wing benefits, I'll fly Gliese 868 / Segais all day!

What could go wrong...

Hi, I'm in a Type 9 I'm looking for a trader partner for wing benefits, I'll fly Gliese 868 / Segais all day!

What could go wrong...

CMDR thanks for your first post, accessing the thread for its purpose. Ace.

Please use the pro-forma provided next time.

I'm in the pub, or else I'd join you right now.

Last edited:
Eh... Just join an Elite group or ten on Discord. The forums don't auto update.

Last edited:

I thought in the absence of a crime and punishment system that encourages play in open, this might go some way to make that right.

Here is a little pro-forma to help find a wing.

I'm currently located in :
Today I'll be flying an :
I'd travel this far to wing up : LY
I'm up for the profession of :
and want to take in the role of :
My current rank in this is :

This is a multiplayer game, why not use it's in built matchmaking service to find a wing of... oh wait.

Top Bottom