Ideas for the FPS thingy (Keeping it real)

Idea 1.
Just wondering if you wonderful guys at FD are going to put in Different types of small arms weapons in the game - as in projectile (rifles, rail guns etc.) and Beamy type weapons? If so when you name them could you keep "Rifle" to actual rifled barrel weapons, and have different names for the beamy, and rail type weapons please? Iain M Banks called laser gun type things C.R.E.W. Coherent Radiation Emission Weapons. I'd like to see something like that in game.

Idea 2.
Also could you please make the FPS bit more like the Arma series than COD? It would add realism and immersion.

ArmA 3 Review...
[video=youtube;mr-3_5fg1WA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlXoyoOep2k[/video]

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Review...
[video=youtube;cqlqRnz1oHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqlqRnz1oHQ[/video]

Having a limited but expandable (by buying various load carrying equipement - bergans, chest rigs, belt kits etc) loadout space would also help - say 8 mags for projectile weapons or 8 battery packs for beamy weapons, a couple of grenades (Various types - H.E./Frag White Phos, normal smoke in various colours, or bombs for the under slung launcher) First aid kits, and explosives, rockets (for launchers) and pistol mags/batteries.

And the weight of the kit would effect you, as well as the gravity of the planet/station, and limit the distance you could run, and recovery times (which you could also expand with training/time spent on high G worlds.)

Also environment suits, and the type/amount of armour would also effect you, and limit the time on the surface due to the ammount of breathable atmosphere you take with you etc.

Idea 3.
Oh, and this is my most craziest idea ever - could we have ground vehicles? Cars (various types) and boats (again various types) And could we do this with them...

[video=youtube;GX-SYhzfaf0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-SYhzfaf0[/video]

Having another Commander pick you up when you're deep in the brown stuff would be AWESOME! Along with close air support from your mates in their ships while you steal the valuables from the Federation President would again be AWESOME!

Yes, I'm a teeny weeny bit drunk still from last night... Still, what do you think?
Have fun all,
Brian :)

Also could you please make the FPS bit more like the Arma series than COD? It would add realism and immersion.

Seconded, the proximity voice communication is very cool.

Also environment suits, and the type/amount of armour would also effect you, and limit the time on the surface due to the ammount of breathable atmosphere you take with you etc.

The spacesuits ought to have a wide range of customization for planets. Atmospheres should influence the speed of weapon projectiles.

Oh, and this is my most craziest idea ever - could we have ground vehicles? Cars (various types) and boats (again various types) And could we do this with them...

The devs mentioned a buggy to hunt wild-game on planets.

Last edited:
Wait. ED is getting an FPS expansion??!
Might get it yeah. Has been talks about it. At least to walk around in stations. Walk around your ship and go to different places in stations to do certain things. What we, the community, has seen is talks about it on a planning level. Like a planned feature if everything goes well. Its how i see it anyway. There is a video (no linky atm) where they talk about it. Would come later, maybe with planet landings or in between. I think there was some mention about FPS long time ago. Not sure how refined it will be though. If ED keeps getting money from sold copies and expansions, who knows what they can come up with. Seems like they want to do a lot with ED. Just hope they keepin it real and not make everything so easy to please the kids.

Wait. ED is getting an FPS expansion??!

The idea has always been with an FPS, actually I think DB originally had the idea that you start without a ship and work your way up the ranks.

Now we are where we are, however the planetary landings and walk around is still on the table so to speak.

Hunting for wildlife on planets 1:1
Buggies , rovers on planets
Outposts and at some point cities.

The FPS part will most likely be from the experience from the outside, so all the footwork is already done. They still need to design all the weapons and stuff, but the coding should be 80% of the shelfs. Furthermore FD did the ZooTycoon thing and all the wildlife experience could come from that game.

what if we could do this....?

[video=youtube;wVY1sAKSIzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVY1sAKSIzk&spfreload=10[/video]

Top Bottom