If a JWE3 was made, should it be solely a PC game upon release?

This may not be a popular idea, especially being that JWE and JWE2 were offered on as many platforms as possible at the time. But, what if the only way that JWE3 could reach its full potential would be to be an exclusive PC game. I have always played the game on console. But, I think if the game could go to the next level, equal to the Planet games, it should be a PC game.

I considered the implications of this. Short term, it would at first only be available to a limited audience/market. Long term it would be a fresh new experience, with more creative possibilities.
What the game needs, if it has a final game, is a chance to be the game it has the potential to be. I'm not the type of player who is into gameplay and challenges, things of that nature. I'm a sandbox player. So my opinions are limited to the wants of a sandbox player. I'm sure the community has many ideas for a better game experience, so please share them. As for my opinion, I think an overhaul of the game is needed to justify a sequel. If only the aesthetics are changed, it will be essentially the same game. What we need is greater creative freedom with terrain. Being able to improve upon things like the lagoons. Taking into consideration the things the community always asks for, like elevated paths, bridges, waterfalls, ect. Dinosaurs being able to interact more with different environments, for example being able to swim. Having juvenile models of dinosaurs introduced and maybe introduce gameplay mechanics to go with the introduction of such models.

It would also give a chance for the devs to go back into the list of species and redesigning some of the models; namely species like Deinonychus and Liopleurodon.

The game should still be JWE but with the capabilities of the Frontier Planet games.

I think current models in the game could be updated. I also think they could introduce more prehistoric animals, from both prior to the dinosaurs and after the dinosaurs. JWE3 could introduce Smilodon and prehistoric mammals.

Buildings could be modular. There could be a greater emphasis on park management. And with greater terrain manipulation, water depth and things of that nature; JWE3 would be notches above the prior games of the JWE series.

As a console player, I would wait for a console version. The point is, is to make the greatest JWE game possible. And I think the only way to do that would be at first to make it a PC exclusive game. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm a PC player, so it wouldn't bother me...

That said, it would allow them to commit all their resources to one project... and they wouldn't have to worry nearly as much about the limitations of console hardware.

Last edited:
They can certainly allow JWE3 to have all the bells and whistles on PC while severely limiting it on consoles (less shiny gfx, smaller maps, limited number of animals, buildings etc) and they could name it differently to make it clear it not quite the same as it is on PC... like JWE3 Console Edition.

This may not be a popular idea, especially being that JWE and JWE2 were offered on as many platforms as possible at the time. But, what if the only way that JWE3 could reach its full potential would be to be an exclusive PC game. I have always played the game on console. But, I think if the game could go to the next level, equal to the Planet games, it should be a PC game.

I considered the implications of this. Short term, it would at first only be available to a limited audience/market. Long term it would be a fresh new experience, with more creative possibilities.
What the game needs, if it has a final game, is a chance to be the game it has the potential to be. I'm not the type of player who is into gameplay and challenges, things of that nature. I'm a sandbox player. So my opinions are limited to the wants of a sandbox player. I'm sure the community has many ideas for a better game experience, so please share them. As for my opinion, I think an overhaul of the game is needed to justify a sequel. If only the aesthetics are changed, it will be essentially the same game. What we need is greater creative freedom with terrain. Being able to improve upon things like the lagoons. Taking into consideration the things the community always asks for, like elevated paths, bridges, waterfalls, ect. Dinosaurs being able to interact more with different environments, for example being able to swim. Having juvenile models of dinosaurs introduced and maybe introduce gameplay mechanics to go with the introduction of such models.

It would also give a chance for the devs to go back into the list of species and redesigning some of the models; namely species like Deinonychus and Liopleurodon.

The game should still be JWE but with the capabilities of the Frontier Planet games.

I think current models in the game could be updated. I also think they could introduce more prehistoric animals, from both prior to the dinosaurs and after the dinosaurs. JWE3 could introduce Smilodon and prehistoric mammals.

Buildings could be modular. There could be a greater emphasis on park management. And with greater terrain manipulation, water depth and things of that nature; JWE3 would be notches above the prior games of the JWE series.

As a console player, I would wait for a console version. The point is, is to make the greatest JWE game possible. And I think the only way to do that would be at first to make it a PC exclusive game. Just my thoughts.
I dont think it will be name jwe3 since next movie will have new name (Jurassic ......) they could use planet Jurassic ..... or stay with Jurassic ....... evolution

It could still release on console planet coaster is already on console and planet zoo is soon coming too
(They could port mechanic from both planet games and add some prehistoric kingdom mechanic to it)

They could also use updated planet zoo game engine for it

Variant for some dinosaurs i want to see
(what i want most is the use of movie renders for the game (indominus rex and indoraptor used their ilm movie render)

Tyrannosaurus rex
V1 jw (ilm movie render)
V2 jp female (jp 1 animatronic inspired)
V3 jp male (buck animatronic inspired)

Spinosaurus
V1 jp3
V2 camp cretaceous

Pteranodon
V1 jw
V2 jp3
V3 the Lost world 1997

I'm a PC player, so it wouldn't bother me...

That said, it would allow them to commit all their resources to one project... and they wouldn't have to worry nearly as much about the limitations of console hardware.
You do know new gen console is stronger than pc (not everyone has high level gaming pc) so console limitations is not the problem for potential jwe3
(it will probably release in 2027 during ps6 And xbox....)

Jwe2 was limited by old gen console and was made during covid time

(If they can bring planet zoo to console they can add jwe3 same day as pc release)

You do know new gen console is stronger than pc (not everyone has high level gaming pc) so console limitations is not the problem for potential jwe3
(it will probably release in 2027 during ps6 And xbox....)

Jwe2 was limited by old gen console and was made during covid time

(If they can bring planet zoo to console they can add jwe3 same day as pc release)

There is no telling if a newer computer will be needed to play a possible new game.

Back then when Jurassic World: Evolution 2 launched, I had to purchase a newer laptop to play it.

There is no telling if a newer computer will be needed to play a possible new game.

Back then when Jurassic World: Evolution 2 launched, I had to purchase a newer laptop to play it.
I dont think any one will need to buy new pc if jwe3 happen (100% sure if new jwe3 happen it will also release on console)

Hardware Limite won't be the problem since it will probably release in 2027 so this gen (ps5 and xbox series) or next gen (ps6 and xbox...)

We could still see jwe3 with planet game mechanic even if it release on console same day as pc

only thing that counts is développement time (but they already made very much progresse with planet zoo and jwe2 so i dont think its problem) most game développement use previous game files(script. Assets. Mechanic)
for sequel. They could port some planet zoo Mechanic to their next jwe game and update it if it happen

Console Peasant here. If it's PC only I won't buy it. Universal seems to push accessibility to continue to use their I.Ps- hence why JWE2 was on old consoles along with new gen.

How much of the lack of features is due to consoles vs due to Frontier just not wanting to work on the game?

Would a color wheel for paths set old consoles on fire? Are bigger and more interesting buildings and statues too much to develop or have they decided they just want to sell animal packs?

It remains to be seen how much different Planet Zoo will be on console- but it is finally coming to console. The lack of development in the park side of JWE2 is a choice by management. The lack of prehistoric animals besides therapods is because they would need new rigs- ergo more development time- or Universal said no and Frontier can't develop them.

Consoles are not the problem. Old gen consoles maybe- but new gen is not holding back the potential of these games. Frontier/ Universal is.

Wouldn't bother me.

Personally, I can't stand playing Frontier's games on console - or any simulation or strategy game for that matter.

But, these days it seems us PC users need the console crowd's money to pour into the studios in order to get decent games. Necessary evil lol.

(This is the part where I dodge a few bullets)

Should it be released only on PC? Yes, it would allow much better quality of the game and better mechnics, limited by console controllers (pads).

Will it be released only on PC? No, the playerbase on consoles is simply too big to ignore or exclude.

Should it be released only on PC? Yes, it would allow much better quality of the game and better mechnics, limited by console controllers (pads).

Will it be released only on PC? No, the playerbase on consoles is simply too big to ignore or exclude.
It is just an illusion that Consoles are the main reason that limit the options for building nice Parks in JWE II !
If frontier would just take into consideration not only to release 4 Species-Creature DLC´s but instead make a Huge " Attractions/Decorations - DLC" than we could use much more of the potential of JWE II.
JWE III will most likely be on PS5 etc. too , but no longer on PS4 ...

But,..... here is Some of the possible content that would not need any new Gameengine at all....for JWE II !

My list of most needed Decoration Objects:
1. Natural looking Fountains that look like Waterfalls !
2. "Fishfeeder "that looks like Rapids and connects two shallow waters of differnt hight levels.
3. really BIG / HIGH rocks for the lagoons ( size of Lagoonplattform and Lagoondome ) and the Naturall looking rocks walls with shore of the "mediteranian Natural Lagoon !
4. Some HIGH kelp as placeable objects ( at least 3 differnt high versions) .

My List of most needed Animals to bring new Animations in the game . ( Some exsting animals should later on get equal animations)
1. Hatzegopterix ( 12m wingspan) : first Pterosaur with walking animation , can even hunt walking .
2. Temnodontosaurus ( 12m Long ) : Ichthiosaur that can use the sharkfeeder and jump like humpbag whale ;) !
3. Sarcosuchus ( 12m long) : Big Crocodylian that can use lagoonplattform and natural shores of the "natural lagoon" to go on land . attack animation for dinosaurs next to them !
4. Austroraptor ( 7m long): Animation to use Fishfeeder and the new Narturall looking "Rapids " version.

Most needet update for existing Atraction:
Monorail shoud get pillars that can build in differnt length , so that it can even drive in and out of lagoons !
  • inside FPV view of the Monorail !
  • JP skin for Monorail ( At least in Sandbox ) for all plattforms
  • Heli VIP Tour with the existing Helis ! ( Acting like Taxis to connect far away areas of the park . Simply H päds to place as connection to the paths.

It is just an illusion that Consoles are the main reason that limit the options for building nice Parks in JWE II !
Maybe, but it's very popular view, that gamepads are less accurate than mouse and keyboard. And this "lower accuracy" forces to change some and abandon other mechanics.

Planet Zoo console edition is a nice example - I watched BiS gameplay and he said it plainly - it's harder to use the pad-controller.
I honestly hope that PZ console edition will prove that advanced terrain editing is possible on consoles and we will get more terrain edition tools in JWE3

Top Bottom