Powerplay If I am not interested in Power Play stuff...I don't want to see this.

Deleted member 94277

D
I did thought we could do better too, until CQC came out for PC and they thought we'd like it with our other scores. Frankly, FD is the worst dev team I've ever seen. I'm sorry sir, what you ask is impossible for them.

>>> Queue the fanboys asking us to shut up and stop playing, since we don't think the game is PERFECT.

@OP, probably because it takes the ED spam server about a week to notice that you've unpledged already.
Wouldnt surprise me, given the 'nonchalant' way FDev handles most of this games' mechanics.

Because he probably grinds Rating 2 or Rating 5 for the bonuses.

But he doesn't care for PP because it sucks. Despite it giving him so many millions more worth of bounties. I bet he buys his ships in Li Yong-Rui territory as well.

It's called being a double standard hypocrite in the civilized world.

And you have the evidence to justify this rude and aggressive claim from where exactly?
If you met the OP in a bar in person would you say the same thing or enquire further before speaking out.
Why does the internet turn otherwise pleasant people into immature thoughtless children?

Because he probably grinds Rating 2 or Rating 5 for the bonuses.

But he doesn't care for PP because it sucks. Despite it giving him so many millions more worth of bounties. I bet he buys his ships in Li Yong-Rui territory as well.

It's called being a double standard hypocrite in the civilized world.

It is also called "whatetver pays my bills man" in real world. Only wide sanctions drive opposite side businesses to play by supposed rules - and even then there's cheating.

PP doesn't suck that much, most people are just not that interested in meta game.

And you have the evidence to justify this rude and aggressive claim from where exactly?
If you met the OP in a bar in person would you say the same thing or enquire further before speaking out.
Why does the internet turn otherwise pleasant people into immature thoughtless children?

I don't make a habit of opening discussions about the games I enjoy in bars, but if it was brought to my attention, sure, I would point out that the stance of the person I just met is hypocritical in nature, then expand upon why.

I'm not the sugar-coating type of person. I find it a shame that most people don't appreciate honesty, but that's how it is.

As far as I'm concerned in the current scenario, we are in Cycle 22 and unpledging is the first thing that would come to mind to any person, regardless of background, because it's such a simple solution. Since that solution has not been applied, there has to be a reason for that. And the only reason that currently exists for anyone to stay part of a power when they complain about PP "Sucking" is the bonuses you get from Ratings. The fact that he is pledged to Arissa further supports that claim, because Arissa is the #1 choice to pledge to when you are interested in bonuses alone.

So yes, I do have the evidence. The only exception to that would be an extremely naive or air-headed person, but I haven't applied such assumptions. I could argue, then, that I might be insulting the OP's intentions, but at least I'm not insulting his intelligence.

It is also called "whatetver pays my bills man" in real world. Only wide sanctions drive opposite side businesses to play by supposed rules - and even then there's cheating.

PP doesn't suck that much, most people are just not that interested in meta game.

There are no bills in this game. You can make credits just fine without ever touching PP. It's not a decision between joining a power to survive or starving due to lack of credits. It's pure greed of wanting more.

Last edited:

To be honest, I have laughed at his message.

He was joking and showing a possibility given by the game (considering in effect you can do that if that behaviour fits your playstile)

It is irrelevant why OP is still pledged. His issue is that the message reappears after having being deleted. That's a valid complaint. Real-world emails you have deleted don't reappear in your inbox. It is reasonable to assume that in-game messages would not reappear either.

It doesn't matter why he is still pledged. It matters even less whether you think it's a valid reason. The fact is that he does want to remain pledged and that automatically implies that unpledging to solve a UI bug is not a solution.

It is irrelevant why OP is still pledged. His issue is that the message reappears after having being deleted. That's a valid complaint. Real-world emails you have deleted don't reappear in your inbox. It is reasonable to assume that in-game messages would not reappear either.

It doesn't matter why he is still pledged. It matters even less whether you think it's a valid reason. The fact is that he does want to remain pledged and that automatically implies that unpledging to solve a UI bug is not a solution.

Well he has pledged to a Power, that power needs help, and he isn't doing anything about helps, so the power keeps emailing him about it.
Just like if you tell someone you will do a job for them, then you just ignore them, they might keep emailing you even if you delete their emails.
If you told them you quit, that would stop it.

I did thought we could do better too, until CQC came out for PC and they thought we'd like it with our other scores. Frankly, FD is the worst dev team I've ever seen. I'm sorry sir, what you ask is impossible for them.

>>> Queue the fanboys asking us to shut up and stop playing, since we don't think the game is PERFECT.

Maybe you should consider the possibility that people aren't reacting to the notion the game isn't perfect, but instead to your antagonist, inflammatory and borish attitude?

Or maybe you know that already....

Last edited:

You need to brush up those reading skills.
OP is not interested in PP stuff, says even in the title of the thread.
Why would he then want to remain pledged to PP?
If he is still pledged to PP, he can't seriously complain that he keeps getting messages from his PP faction asking for assistance...

The players are not always right in every one of their complaints and FD is not guilty of everything by default.

Because he is right.

The OP is clearly pledged to his/her chosen power, but states they are not interested in Power Play. So why are they pledged if they are not interested?

Because they just want to milk the silly ALD bonuses.

This post could be held us as a shining example of everything that is wrong with Power Play. Some powers have absolutely nothing going for them, and so have small player bases that are pledged because they really want to back that power, and who face an uphill battle week after week. Others powers have everything going for them and have many freeloaders, no doubt like the OP, pledged for them milking the bonuses, and as a side effect, actually effecting Power Play, without actually being interested in it.

I don't blame the OP though I just think they are shallow. Hell I spent five weeks pledged to ALD myself to see just how bias PP is. I blame FDEV for a badly implemented system. The idea is great. The execution is poor on many levels.

OP is not interested in PP stuff, says even in the title of the thread.
Why would he then want to remain pledged to PP?
If he is still pledged to PP, he can't seriously complain that he keeps getting messages from his PP faction asking for assistance...
It doesn't matter why. His complaint is that the message appears every time he logs in. Once per cycle would be enough. He can seriously complain that the message keeps coming back over and over again even after he has read and deleted it.

The players are not always right in every one of their complaints and FD is not guilty of everything by default.
Many of the little quality-of-life fixes that appear in patch notes and make people say "oh great that was bugging me" or "yes another gradual improvement" came about because someone cared enough to mention it.

You're absolutely right that some complaints have more merit than others. So far Vasious is the only poster to make an argument as to why the nags might be justified. Most of the other replies just insulted the OP for not playing the game their way; not examining the merit of the complaint at all.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter why. His complaint is that the message appears every time he logs in. Once per cycle would be enough. He can seriously complain that the message keeps coming back over and over again even after he has read and deleted it.

Many of the little quality-of-life fixes that appear in patch notes and make people say "oh great that was bugging me" or "yes another gradual improvement" came about because someone cared enough to mention it.

You're absolutely right that some complaints have more merit than others. So far Vasious is the only poster to make an argument as to why the nags might be justified. Most of the other replies just insulted the OP for not playing the game their way; not examining the merit of the complaint at all.

The OP is definitely interested in at LEAST one Power Play stuff, the bonuses.

Since he is interested, unlike his claims, then he should have no problem having a repeated message pop up. Consider it like those legal agreements that everyone agrees with without reading it. "We will spam your brains out, but you will quadruple your BH earnings." --> click ok, I only care about the bonuses anyway

If he really isn't interested, he was already provided with the solution. Unpledging.

When someone pledges, the mechanics in place are ought to consider that said person is actually interested in the power. Otherwise the information provided is lackluster. His argument is irrelevant compared to the players who actually care about PP and would like to be informed regularly, just in case they miss it or forget. When those two arguments collide, the side of the player who actually cares about PP is more important. Simple as that.

And if people are complaining about a message nowadays, I dread about the future of humanity in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom