If I scan a carrier - have it msg what is being bought and sold at commodities

I've landed on 4 carriers.

I won't be landing at anymore, unless they have an immersion breaking name like "buying x for 100k"

Because the map tells you it has a commodity market, yet when you dock, its neither buying or selling anything.

At the very least pop an astrix next to the "commodities market" module info if it's neither buying nor selling anything

I've landed on 4 carriers.

I won't be landing at anymore, unless they have an immersion breaking name like "buying x for 100k"

Because the map tells you it has a commodity market, yet when you dock, its neither buying or selling anything.

At the very least pop an astrix next to the "commodities market" module info if it's neither buying nor selling anything

I have a carrier, I never intend to either buy or sell anything at all....ever. So to me it seems bizarre that I must have the market active at all times, I can't suspend it, I would guess most of these other players are in the same boat, they simply can't tell you they aren't buying and selling because there is no mechanism to do so, I suggest you direct your complaints at FDEV, if I could disable the market you would certainly see it was disabled and know not to land there, but I can't. And no I am not going to make the name of my FC "not buying or selling anything at all ever"

I have a carrier, I never intend to either buy or sell anything at all....ever. So to me it seems bizarre that I must have the market active at all times, I can't suspend it, I would guess most of these other players are in the same boat, they simply can't tell you they aren't buying and selling because there is no mechanism to do so, I suggest you direct your complaints at FDEV, if I could disable the market you would certainly see it was disabled and know not to land there, but I can't. And no I am not going to make the name of my FC "not buying or selling anything at all ever"
The best way is to use Inara to commodity search and not filter out carriers. This is great if you're looking to buy or sell specific items. Also be sure to check how long it's been since it was updated. I bought all the goodies I needed for guardian unlocks basically in the system I was in. Super convenient otherwise I would have had to schlepp across the whole bubble and run missions etc.

With Inara's Fleet Carriers page one can type in the name of a carrier to see their status.
There are data collection time delays and not all carrier owners are members of Inara.

Frontier works with 3rd party websites who provides excellent information resources.
It's a win-win for all.

Last edited:
Markets - mandatory.
Refuel and repair fleet - optional.

🤦

Markets - mandatory.
Refuel and repair fleet - optional.

🤦
And originally you couldn't even store your own ships and modules without shipyard and outfitting. I'm glad that got changed, at least. I've been warming up to the trading a little bit, though. I keep a stock of tech broker, and some engineer, unlock items. People pay a lot for Modular Terminals and Meta Alloys, and I feel I'm doing a service to the community.

Top Bottom