Coaster Crazy I'll ask what everyone is thinking

Congratulations on your announcement of Coaster Crazy. I really love the innovative yet intuitive approach to coaster building. Most of all it looks very fun!

What everyone would like to know though, is what do you have planned for the PC? Will we see a more detailed, Coaster Crazy? Or are we looking at a theme park builder in which Coaster Crazy is integrated, so that creations can be shown on the move?

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Coaster Crazy on PC will be essentially the same game, however on all platforms the plan is to develop all of the core theme park experiences to build something that far exceeds what we did with our other theme park games.

I would imagine that we'll need to do some tweaks for PC, although I think the touch mechanism also works very well with the mouse, but that's partly what we want the beta to find out.

The opportunity here is for us to develop this with your guys input.

Michael

Coaster Crazy on PC will be essentially the same game...The opportunity here is for us to develop this with your guys input.

Michael

Same game huh. Okay, how about more realistic looking peeps for one. The funky look don't cut it. Having someone stand up on the front of the coaster and break wind causing long yellow streams ain't gonna cut it for me.

Then there is Grandma in the second seat of a steel twister. Michael honestly. How many grandmas do you know that are like 70 that get on a steel twister dressed as a grandma? Honestly man. If you just talk to everyone, and listen to what your customers are screaming for you would reap the real profits. Whoever advised you guys on this must really have it in for you, because I don't see what you previewed selling much in its current incarnation to many PC gamers. This honestly is worse than Thrillville and that was to put it mildly, quite awful. Sales can reflect that comment. It was no RCT3 and this is even worse. Please sticky a comments section of what we really all want on this world and you will then have a new direction, and oh, please tell David to start engaging us as well instead of hiding.

Why didn't you use the people design of Disneyland Adventure. Why such unrealistic stupid midgets jumping out of the coasters?

WHY NOT REALISM ????

I can´t understand this, really.

I know that Frontier is a company but your strategy with this game is completely wrong. After seeing the reaction of people with Rct3D, How can you develop this game? What makes you think that Coaster Crazy become successful? And one more thing, how can you expect us to believe that this is just the beginning of another project? You can make a game like that users want without doing this, only if you want, it´s true, but please be honest with your potential customers.

Now we all understand why there was so much silence about the game. You should open again to join the beta because this is not what people expected, and few who were interested in this game will test it.

This game is even more disappointing that Thrillville. When Thrillville was released we understood that it was a totally different concept to Rct but now finally you have not paid attention to what your customers want. Frontier and Atari ignore the large number of people still using Rct, they reject people who have kept alive the game and a video game style for years, they laugh at users who have given them a name in this industry.

Atari has killed one of the best video game franchises and Frontier is totally lost since this. In this case Frontier has not heard what people want. Frontier and Atari are the worst game companies now. They can only make games for children. They have forgotten good ideas. Now they just make little games, like the importance of their companies. Success is for those who listen and take advice for his clients, we will not go like crazy to buy something we have not asked nor do we want.

I hope that in the near future a good company understand that there are a lot of people who want a series of games as Rollercoaster tycoon, success could have a game like this, the large number of expansions that could be developed for this game (something similar to what happens with the sims).. and then Atari and Frontier would have to think about this.

Maybe now the number of players of RollerCoaster Tycoon is lower but you are the guilty, and despite the abandon with which you two treat us for years we continue loyal to the game and we will buy a game if you hear us.

Other companies pay millions to have a good community behind them and you two don´t know how to use it. A real shame. I'm jealous of people who play the Sims, for example... and you, Atari and Frontier, should learn from that.

Sorry for my bad English. I would like an answer to that Michael, and please, be honest.

Totally agree with what Discovery4919 said, I'd just like to know why Frontier decided not to pursue the idea of a realistic theme park game. There is clearly demand for it, and judging by peoples reactions much more revenue that could ever be brought in from Crazy Coaster.

Can't say I disagree but there's something you should probably keep in the back of your head:

Developing a complete game in the style of RCT from the ground up requires an immense budget. Both Atari and Frontier seem to be incapable of putting up the budget needed to realize such a project, which I think is why they go for the smaller platform titles that we are seeing now. I will go for a wild guess and say that if Frontier did have the means (that means a large enough experienced crew of developers + the money to keep it going for at least 2 years) to make the "new RCT", they would probably have done it.

Developing a game like that is a huge investment, and if you're a small company like I believe Frontier are nowadays, it's not easy to get the necessary investors to feed your project. The only way we'll see a succesful full operational RCT-like game again is if a huge publisher puts a developer onto it. I don't see this happening too soon since most publishers only care about producing sequals to proven succesful IPs nowadays. Starting up a new IP is always a risk, and taking risks in 2012 isn't exactly encouraged anymore... sadly.

Long story short, don't feel like Frontier are the ones to blame here. :)

I love how there's a 309 comment thread filled with ideas potentially about this game that has been running since may last year and what they've come up with is completely the opposite game to what everyone in that thread was hoping and giving ideas for...

This actually looks like a massive downgrade from RCT 3 (even from the viewpoint of just creating coasters). I hope I'm wrong.

But if it can generate funds allowing frontier to potentially make a far superior "tycoon", then I'm all for it. But I'll believe it when I see it.

I think my viewpoint could be possibly skewed as I assume what we're seeing is ios based footage? Because the scenery and such are inferior to what we're used to in RCT 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom