General / Off-Topic I'm Elite !!!

says I'm a New affluent worker, what ever that is?

This class group is sociable, has lots of cultural interests and is in the middle of all the class groups in terms of wealth. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Apparently I'm traditional working class.

Because nothing says "traditional working class" like "computer programmer/jazz pianist".

"According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Own their own home
Are older
Tend to mix socially with people similar to themselves"

I don't own my own home.
I'm 22.
I tend to avoid anyone and everyone.

I don't think this is particularly accurate...

Apparently I'm traditional working class.

Because nothing says "traditional working class" like "computer programmer/jazz pianist".

"According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Own their own home
Are older
Tend to mix socially with people similar to themselves"

I don't own my own home.
I'm 22.
I tend to avoid anyone and everyone.

I don't think this is particularly accurate...

Well, even though I'm Elite I'd still be willing to talk to you, as long as you do some forelock tugging. :cool:

Result: the class group you most closely match is:

Precariat

This is the poorest and most deprived class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Tend to mix socially with people like themselves
Come from a working class background
Rent their home - over 80%

Which is amusing. I do come from a working class background though, well 80s dole queue parents background. What screws me is my income which is decent in Italy but doesn't convert well into pounds. Teacher though, I suppose I am precarious...

oik!!! IM Elite??? How.. I dont get out the bath for a wee, surely thats enough to keep me out of the Elite...

And Bruce... fnarr fnarr

and now I have a cleaner looking for a pay increase!! DOH

You too? my on-suit bathroom bath cleaner wants a pay rise but the family bathroom bath cleaner is ok. but you know what they're like, once you pay one 1/10 of a pittance more then they all want it, upstairs, then downstairs then all the bloody gardeners...... it just goes on.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
oik!!! IM Elite??? How.. I dont get out the bath for a wee, surely thats enough to keep me out of the Elite...

Class man, you got sheer class.

Didn't I just see you two in the 'I'm Scottish and proud of it' thread?

This has even reached Holland. One of my collegues came into work this morning with a newspaper article about it. He started asking me what I called the evening meal. Tea, Diner, Supper? When I said that it depended on the time of day (tea being at 17:00, Diner 18:00, Supper - even later), he couldn't follow it any more :D

My other half looked at it and was confused by the "do you know any of these people?" question.. She then rattled off that she knew Musicians, Doctors, Engineers, Construction workers and Architects and said the list was crap because they didn't have them on it.

No Frank, you're there to answer our questions about drugs.
:D

I took the test but failed to make it to Precariat. But I do know the sort of question that lawyers, teachers and off-duty police ask me. It's "Would you like to buy some drugs?"

I took the test but failed to make it to Precariat. But I do know the sort of question that lawyers, teachers and off-duty police ask me. It's "Would you like to buy some drugs?"

Well I suppose that's marginally better than "have you got any drugs to sell"..

Top Bottom