I'm not saying I'm a long way up

but I *really* am a long way up :)
Screenshot_0300.jpg

and seeing this on your Nav screen can cause a few worried moments!
Screenshot_0299.jpg

I'm not sure there is anything higher I can jump to 'round these parts so I think I'll head to the edge now.

Seems a bit daft that they do not show the system you just jumped in from. I am also high up, though perhaps not that high (around 1100LY up), and I am seeing similarly short lists of places to jump to. But there has always been a route to keep going forwards thus far.

I found another star,a white dwarf another 30 odd light years higher, but that was it. The next star was over 100 light years away. I'm now trying to thread my way back down to the denser levels of stars. It's not easy, I keep hitting dead ends.

Suddenly, I'm extra glad that I started using EDDiscovery.

Where's your sense of adventure? I've made it back down to where I can start plotting more than 2 stars now. It is an odd sensation though: only having 1 path back and having to pick it out.

amazing pic. thanks for sharing. same situation here (muuuuch closer to the bubble - the pane is only 3500 ly thin....) :)

Last edited:
Yep been that high up, and after fueling up had no points of travel. Had to point outwards and turn to full albums. Wait around 2hours to burn off fuel before seeing my escape route ahead of me. Almost hit self destruct, until I figured I'd been a Muppett. The view down is lovely up in the for north plane.

Thanks four reminding me of an ED panic moment.

Would rep but it won't let me give you anymore love yet! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom