Ships Imperial Courier - thinking getting one, your toughts on it

Jenny has one with a fixed beam on the nose and two gimbaled cannons on the wings. It's a surprisingly effective combination (I find the cannons better than MCs as long as you're close enough to score hits).

I was actually debating putting SRB cannons on mine just for the giggles, dont know how effective it would be but i bet it'll be fun.

I was actually debating putting SRB cannons on mine just for the giggles, dont know how effective it would be but i bet it'll be fun.

I stuck seekers on the wings and a fixed focussed pulse on the nose... I was surprised how quickly it killed things tbh

A Courier doesn't have to be fragile, and it's the thing that separates it from the iEagle for me. A Courrier can be engineered to be fast AND survivable (but watch out for collision!)

This is my Courier, after running it through that fast battle Courier thread

Speed 575/780
Shields 551mj with solid resists
Integrity 564
Jump 32

And has decent pop, as I opted for full-weight beams, which killed speed, but there you go. Lots of fun to fly, especially with friends flying Couriers too :)

Ew Imperial rubbish.

Looks like I'm flying an iPhone from the Apple Genius Bar.

JK JK.

Well not joking, I mean it, I'm just being silly though and I'm glad youve found the ship thats right for you.

Drawbacks:
- not exactly good 3rd hardpoint placement. This one under the nose. For gimballed weapon it's ploblematic, because when your target is in front of you and a bit above your cockpit line, hardpoint pointing in your ship nose, so weapon stop firing. Annoying when you have MC or Beam laser. Of course, it's a matter of practice. When you take your target just straight in front or in the left or right side of the nose, it working good.

Nah. You're supposed to put a PAC there. You don't need to keep it on target all of the time, just enough. My favorite Courier loadout used efficient beam turrets in the nacelles. I've also used some efficient gimbaled pulse lasers. Either let me fire without draining WEP so that the PAC would be charged and ready whenever I needed it, but the beam turrets had insane time on target and I didn't need to think about them once I flipped them on so I could focus on lining up good shots with the PAC.

I still think the Viper is far superior lol but all the small ships are where the real game is so any choice is a good one.

I still think the Viper is far superior lol but all the small ships are where the real game is so any choice is a good one.

I like the Viper but it only really bests the courier in pure speed format IMO and to do that you have to spend some time on it to max it out and you can't do jack with it outside of going fast.
Courier on the other hand is pretty easy to max out the speed (and still 3rd fastest in game at that) which allows for a far more useful ship overall.

Just got one yesterday on my alt. Kitted it out per the above link and it’s a bunch of fun!

I'm loving the courier this time around. I flew it with a previous CMDR save and thought it was 'ok' but not much, yet now I've only flown a couple of other ships and for a very short period of time since jumping back into it and learning how to fly it better.

Here are a couple of fits that I'm currently using.

"General Duties" - https://s.orbis.zone/44rn Good for general mucking about and missions etc

"Fighter Jet" - https://s.orbis.zone/44rr Murders high intensity CZ no worries, weapons can be swapped out for whatever floats your boat no worries

"Hoonery Maximus" - https://s.orbis.zone/44rv Max speed courier for going fast and crashing into things :)

Top Bottom