import heighmap ?

Hi, I have a question.
umzwar I work with PBR textures and wanted to know if there is any way to import heightmap textures. Unfortunately I don't have this channel here. I don't find it particularly advantageous to model everything in 3D for certain objects such as walls and floors.
it would be really nice if there was a solution to this
Cheers Dominic

I use substance painter :)

1656518868051.png

TMTK does not support heightmaps as inputs. You'll either have to apply the heightmap (making the 3D model more complex, usually too complex for TMTK as you are limited to 8000 triangles) or just settle for a normal map.

If you look from at a sharp angle, you'll see that all of Planet Coaster's wall pieces just use a normal map as they are completely flat when viewed from the side.

1656538957596.png

I've played around with the settings and I like it a lot. I only have the problem if I turn the tile by 180°, it gets dark. Is there a solution for this?

what i wanted to ask is it possible to upload a whole cso set? or do you have to pack each element individually?
Thanks for the helpful answers
- Blender 3.0

Last edited:
I've played around with the settings and I like it a lot. I only have the problem if I turn the tile by 180°, it gets dark. Is there a solution for this?

The lighting problem you describe is well known, the solution for Blender (2.8 and upwards, including 3.0) is here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/any-luck-fixing-blenders-export-lighting-issues.600100/

The lighting issue is usually related to the FBX file and has nothing to do with the textures (unless you have a completely messed up normal map).

what i wanted to ask is it possible to upload a whole cso set? or do you have to pack each element individually?
I don't know what 'cso' means, but maybe this information helps: Each uploaded zip file may contain:
  • exactly one .fbx file with one or more objects (the sum of all objects having at most 8000 triangles)
  • one icon file
  • texture files for up to 8 distinct materials (e.g. mat1_BC.png, mat1_RN.png, mat2_BC.png, mat2_MT.png ...)
This zip file will then result in a single Planet Coaster scenery item when uploaded, even if your FBX file contained multiple objects (those will be merged). You can only create one TMTK item per Upload.

Top Bottom