Improvements to Coaster Support System

Aaand Vampiro gets another point for asking already answered questions again [mouth shut]
LOL!!! [big grin]

Seriously, Thank you Frontier! This newly revamped coaster track support system looks amazing. I can't wait to play around with it and see how it reacts to scenery in both old and new parks.
(Klinn and company would be THRILLED, I'm sure!) [tongue]

I'm still a die-hard RCT3 fan/veteran to this day. That game was really that good..
Planet Coaster is definitely the best game in this genre to date, and most of us really LOVE what you've been doing and all the hard work you all continue to put into this game.
Thank-You.

CHEERS! [heart]

Thank you for the update on the supports! They are looking much better now. I think that many parks will benefit of these new and good looking ones!

As in the stream said.. i am not one of these guys who count every bolt and if there are enough crossties. But i do not understand why you guys put so much effort in this system.
Since RCT3 we want to build our own supports and i think some other software does a better, while more creative job and isn´t complex to handle at all.
If you can use a smartphone.. you should be able to built your own supports. Anyway.. after this stream i say bye to my hopes that PC will ever anywhere close to a realistic coaster setup.
I know there are a lot of nitpicker out there which deserving it (i do not like them either). But in general, i do think this community isn´t nitpicking at all.
It only wants the best game available. So yeah.. some may think .. enough isn´t enough .. but i can´t understand it.
You have already the realistic graphics. Why do you not allowing your customers to make a realistic coaster as much as possible? Or at least an advanced option for this (if not planned).
So my last hope is, that the banking problem will be fixed. Sorry for the not so much hyped words.

I don't think my pc will handle this amount of custom items (supports). So no Manual supports. Just use your creativity.

Custom loops would be doable with these supports to get the real thing. It's just they used the prebuild loops wich have only 1 place where the supports connect while building customized ones can have more connectors.

Btw. I see some very realistic coasters here and there with good banking and loops while custom build. So maybe putting some more effort in it should solve whatever problem people have with the coaster builder.

All I want is: more rides, more scenery.

I believe the coaster system is just right as it is.

The one thing I do agree on is the width of the supports at the base. Steeper angles would fix this.

Last edited:
That's Sam and the rest of the team.

It's so great to see the continuous tweaky-tweaks you guys are putting in. The new supports are a massive improvement and a definite step in the right direction. I can't wait to see how different my coasters will look. [big grin][up]

I don't think my pc will handle this amount of custom items (supports). So no Manual supports. Just use your creativity.

Well, for the object count it doesn't really matter if we placed the supports ourselves or let the game do it for us. Also, how can we use our creativity for the supports if we cant actually place supports?

With the new update, the support generation looks really good. But for those who want to have more control over their coasters a custom support editor would be great! I really hope Frontier will give us supports we can place ourselves and gives us some more advanced options in the coaster builder like a continuous roll option.

Looking great! One suggestion would be to have the supports increase their diameter as the coaster's height increases. Right now supports for tall rides like giga coasters look too flimsy. Thanks for the dedication as always!

A custom support creator would be optimal though

I agree, a " drag and drop/connect" mechanism would be great and easy method for a custom supporting tool. Plus we can choose any type of track connector and have the ability to drag it through out the track and set it in a certain position, and also have the ability to control its diameter. Plus few other options. This would give endless limitations for custom supporting![yesnod]

This is a wonderful improvement. My wish is for some sort of fix for the gaping holes in wooden Coaster supports when tracks pass under each other. I'd love to be able to nest tracks directly beneath others... Like in the turnarounds on the Coney Island Cyclone. [happy]

Amazing that you guys keep on working at improving the game (and not charging a fee for these updates as DLC!)

The supports that bug me a little are the corkscrew supports on the B&M style box track. I don't like the way they support over the top on both sides of the corkscrew, in real life B&M support with triangular pyramid supports on either side
latest

Might be a bit tricky to implement for user made inverting track but could be a an idea for 'specials' corkscrews?

Last edited:
So beautiful changes team... The job is really good!

As Feitan Says, i'm agree with him at 100% about vertical Loops. All them on real live have got the same design on supports, Most actual rides have got 2 big supports on the most inclined points of the track (at 90 degrees of rail inclination aprox) and not on top.

Some pics to show what i mean;

Dragon Khan from 1995, by Bollinger and Mabillard ; look at the loop on the middle of the picture;

dragon-khan-roller-coaster-chinese-area-universal-port-aventura-theme-DFEK79.jpg

Battle of Jungle King 2016, developed by an unknown builder; as you can see, loops are holded on the same way ( and is a really interesting track with special pieces as you can found on youtube)

aaefkea

Hulk at Islands of Adventure, remodeled last year, by Bolliger and Mabillard, again. Here we can see how you remodeled that Cobra-Roll Suports and are so accurate (congrats!!!! ^^ ) and just next to, the Vertical Loop.

144611090_c0637ef6f2_z.jpg

Of course different builders uses different techniques and i'm sure you explored all those builders. Just on Vertical Loops is the most evident place where you can improve. But all said, the update is.. is just Beautiful! Thanks to still working on the game n.n

So beautiful changes team... The job is really good!

As Feitan Says, i'm agree with him at 100% about vertical Loops. All them on real live have got the same design on supports, Most actual rides have got 2 big supports on the most inclined points of the track (at 90 degrees of rail inclination aprox) and not on top.

Some pics to show what i mean;

Dragon Khan from 1995, by Bollinger and Mabillard ; look at the loop on the middle of the picture;

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/DFEK79/dra...area-universal-port-aventura-theme-DFEK79.jpg

Battle of Jungle King 2016, developed by an unknown builder; as you can see, loops are holded on the same way ( and is a really interesting track with special pieces as you can found on youtube)

https://rcdb.com/aaefkea

Hulk at Islands of Adventure, remodeled last year, by Bolliger and Mabillard, again. Here we can see how you remodeled that Cobra-Roll Suports and are so accurate (congrats!!!! ^^ ) and just next to, the Vertical Loop.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/50/144611090_c0637ef6f2_z.jpg

Of course different builders uses different techniques and i'm sure you explored all those builders. Just on Vertical Loops is the most evident place where you can improve. But all said, the update is.. is just Beautiful! Thanks to still working on the game n.n

I think these would look great. Among other suggestions! I will say, Sam has always been very passionate in the streams and on these forums about getting things looking right. There is no doubt that they will always be looking at ways to improve the supports and coasters.

When the second beta update dropped with the intamin giga, user pointed out that the lift supports were nice but a bit off and he replied that he didn't think they looked right either and they were updated.

I have faith in frontier and it's quite a shame that with all they do there are some users who just still have to be nasty and negative.

Devs/Frontier: Thank you for the continuous updates!

Top Bottom