In cargo - selecting cargo with one button

Hey CMDRs, I would really love to see, if there will be just one more button with "Load all cargo possible". Or just if I'd tap the minus, and loading "amount" would get on the max limit (of the mission cargo available or max market item capacity available or just filled up the cargo bay/racks/space)

Of course I mean the same exact thing for the unloading/selling goods.

Thanks,
CMDR Krogins

I can just hear the complaints ten minutes after it is implemented.

"Help I accidentally sold all my cargo and now can't complete my missions, we must have a "undo sell all" button!"

While I can sympathise with wanting a faster system to buy and sell goods, these systems are usually multiple steps for a reason. I have no personal objection really, I rarely buy and sell goods and if I made a mistake I can just accept it and move on, having a read of these forums really tells me that some people can't just accept they made a mistake and move on, it's the games fault and it must be changed to prevent me making mistakes.

I see, so that's why I mentioned to create separate button, not edit current ones. It could be at the very right of the screen - undoable with peripherals, just with mouse? Then it couldn't be accidentally sold, nor I want a refund step. Or it could be limited if your cargo holds 25//50 or more of that specified cargo, you want to sell. It is just my idea of making game better for players, but also preventing some "mistake threads" or so..

As you said.. If you make a mistake.. You gotta take that and next time you'll be doing better. As it's in real life, ain't it? It's just a game and if am I right, you lose reputation when you fail mission or abandon them. Then there could be also a "undo accepting mission" button, that's just a similar case to me..

I accepted a mission yesterday without looking if any cargo is available in Colonia.. And it wasn't, so I made a mistake, and lost some rep, but I can get it back by completing any other missions.

Also, partly I can't understand how you fail mission with the sell all button. Couldn't think of any example. I'll be pleased if anyone could create some scenario or example for me.

The excuse of not wanting to give us tools that let us accidentally screw us over is a pretty flimsy one to me, given that autodocking computers take up a module, but COVAS is standard on all ships. The list of ways we can accidentally ruin our work is endless; that they might want to "protect us from ourselves" when it comes to cargo is a poor excuse for having nothing but an incremental bar for it. This is 2019; we have countless examples of UI that make such management trivially simple and not NEARLY this cumbersome. Elite has some of the worst examples of UI design I've seen in years; the menus are clunky, far too layered, full of delays and input latencies, and require far too many needless clicks to do things that REALLY should be top layer menus and single button tasks.

"we wouldn't want you to accidentally sell mission cargo!" Yeah no, I'm not buying that. If they really didn't want us to sell it, THEY WOULD MAKE IT UN-SELLABLE, so no, that's not a good enough reason.

Well, Things should be in max 7 clicks.. so I guess pretty much is in that range..

So the input box wouldn't be the worst idea, I guess

As you said.. If you make a mistake.. You gotta take that and next time you'll be doing better. As it's in real life, ain't it? It's just a game and if am I right, you lose reputation when you fail mission or abandon them. Then there could be also a "undo accepting mission" button, that's just a similar case to me..

I don't disagree with you at all.

But now after getting a cruise control system to automatically take us to stations and exit SC people are demanding automatic throttle down because they crashed into the station and died after walking away from the computer. Of course with any decent controller setup you can actually have that right now, it just requires the pressing of maybe two extra button and the correct settings of the alt-throttle controls, but that's what they want.

Lestat

Banned
Hey CMDRs, I would really love to see, if there will be just one more button with "Load all cargo possible". Or just if I'd tap the minus, and loading "amount" would get on the max limit (of the mission cargo available or max market item capacity available or just filled up the cargo bay/racks/space)

Of course I mean the same exact thing for the unloading/selling goods.

Thanks,
CMDR Krogins
I would like to be able to type in the amount you load. Or a 2x 5x 10x

I don't disagree with you at all.

But now after getting a cruise control system to automatically take us to stations and exit SC people are demanding automatic throttle down because they crashed into the station and died after walking away from the computer. Of course with any decent controller setup you can actually have that right now, it just requires the pressing of maybe two extra button and the correct settings of the alt-throttle controls, but that's what they want.
Ya that was always funny. Boo hoo, I walk away from the computer and I died.

Seven clicks? If it takes five I'm wondering why a designer has a menu fetish...

They all do these days, one of our suppliers just redesigned their purchase interface and now something that used to take me a keypress and tab to move to the next field requires swapping between the mouse and keyboard three times to change one number, ridiculous indeed.

They all do these days, one of our suppliers just redesigned their purchase interface and now something that used to take me a keypress and tab to move to the next field requires swapping between the mouse and keyboard three times to change one number, ridiculous indeed.
My gawd. Get that guy a pinup mag full of circuit boards or something...

Top Bottom